Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat rampage mt motor questions

I have a stock rampage mt I got last week and have been having a great time with it. I have about 2 tanks of gas run through it and I took it out today and it doesn't want to accelerate. It sputters and idles rough and when I hit the gas it stalls. If I give it very little gas it will go but running rough and not hitting full speed. It ran fine when I shut it off the other day n now like crap. Also I am curious if a goped motor will bolt up in the place of the stock 30cc motor in the truck now. The motor is a zenoah g43i n it came on a gsr 40 goped whatever that is lol. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat rampage mt motor questions

the guys in the "giant scale' forum can actually help better, several MT and XT owners there.

Based on what you describe...Id think dirt got its way into the fuel or carb. either that, or a seal has gone bad causeing the motor to suck in more air then fuel.

On the motor question...I doubt it would be easy, if its even possible. I dont think its commonly done.

SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds like the engine needs some tuning.. try going back to stock and then try a little rich and then a little lean see if that does anything for you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is you gas tank vented? It will do this when too much pressure is build up in the tank. The hole on the gas cap is not good enough and clogs up ver easily. Try venting the tank.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/