Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Terremoto 10 v2 3s problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Fire_birdV2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terremoto 10 v2 3s problems

Ok so I purchased it back in december so its still under warranty, So it runs fine no problems on the supplied 2s battery but i wanted more power so i ordered an 2200mah ovonic air 50c 3s from amazon and came the same day as my car did. As soon as you put the 3s in it would go full throttle for about 3 seconds then it would slow down by itself (while still holding down the throttle all the way) to about 1/4 throttle then self brake itself and come to a complete stop. So then I got on the phone with redcat and they sent me a new ESC... that didn't work so i got back on the phone and they sent me a new motor and that didnt work either so i had an extra reciever lying around and i popped that in and the same problem occured.......... at this point im really get fed up with this car. Then I thought maybe it was the battery so I went on Ebay and ordered 2 3000 mah 50c ovonic air 3s lipos and STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! The only other thing I could think of was the voltage cutoff maybe was getting triggered so I lowered it from 3.2 to 2.8v and that worked somewhat I can now run a 2-3 full throttle passes or maybe even more and then it does the same thing AGAIN . My theory so far is that when I'm full throttle ,since its a 50c, I'm drawing alot of power and it triggers the low voltage because the red led just blinks when you walk up to it ,but its not staying down low for long because you can turn it off then turn it back on and run a few more passes. Also The 3s batteries work just fine in my friends redcat blackout XTE and XBE. I thought I was buying a 3s ready car that was dependable and could rip whenever I wanted but apparently not.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:59 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

That's really weird that your batteries work fine in your friend's Blackout XTE (Pro brushless version I am assuming). Is it possible you got two bad speed controls with faulty/over sensitive low voltage cutoff? In a situation like this, I'd turn off the ESC's LVC, and use a little LiPo low voltage alarm to test things out. You can find those LiPo buzzers/alarms for a couple of dollars each. I'd set up the low voltage buzzer for 3.4v/cell to see if your battery packs are "up to par".

I'm sure you are balance charging the LiPo packs fully. Right?

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-28-2019 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:13 PM
Fire_birdV2

Originally Posted by RustyUs
That's really weird that your batteries work fine in your friend's Blackout XTE (Pro brushless version I am assuming). Is it possible you got two bad speed controls with faulty/over sensitive low voltage cutoff? In a situation like this, I'd turn off the ESC's LVC, and use a little LiPo low voltage alarm to test things out. You can find those LiPo buzzers/alarms for a couple of dollars each. I'd set up the low voltage buzzer for 3.4v/cell to see if your battery packs are "up to par".

I'm sure you are balance charging the LiPo packs fully. Right?
Yes,his was the pro brushless and I am balance charging them although it is the stock redcat balance charger for now atleast. I used to fly quads and used 3s but I've since sold everything including the chargers I thinks its time I get a half decent charger anyways, I think I will try that LiPo buzzer aswell. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2019, 04:33 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you getting 3 beeps ( for 3 cell ) when you power up or 4 ?
Hobbywing say to set cell count manually for odd numbers of cells . The ESC will sometimes think 3 cell is 4 cell and set Low Voltage Cutoff to suit . You take off fine then LVC kicks in . It could also trigger an Over Voltage Protection in a 3S ESC if it thinks it has 4S hooked up .
Old 01-29-2019, 08:07 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice catch! I didn't think manually setting the cell count was a programmable item on a Hobbywing WP10BL60.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:50 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking at the manual again , I think you are right Rusty , looks like its for a higher spec ESC . Need to get to option 12 , 10bl60 only goes to 9 by the looks of it !
Old 01-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Fire_birdV2

Originally Posted by seedygreenute
Are you getting 3 beeps ( for 3 cell ) when you power up or 4 ?
Hobbywing say to set cell count manually for odd numbers of cells . The ESC will sometimes think 3 cell is 4 cell and set Low Voltage Cutoff to suit . You take off fine then LVC kicks in . It could also trigger an Over Voltage Protection in a 3S ESC if it thinks it has 4S hooked up .
I get 3 beeps on 3s and 2 on 2s so I guess it's working properly as far as recognizing the cell count.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:08 AM
Next sequel

Me personally I buy second hand rollers and replace the elecs with hobbywing or Toro stuff Im currently bashing a tamiya db01 with a quicrun 120a esc and castle creations 5700kv on 3s and sheez it's pretty balastic but the esc cost $55 usd off ebay and I've had it for 6mnths now and about 50hrs use so far.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:56 PM
grnjetta6

Default 3s broke rear differential on first run

I used my 3s battery in my sons new truck and the rear differential lasted 2 seconds then the pins in the rear differential broke. Is there any upgrades