got about a gallon through them now... the tornado ate its transmission, even though the motor spacing was perfect.. first it ate the first gear, so i took the clutch spring out to lock it in second, and then it ate that gear as well. the vortex, i snapped a few axles, used the tornado axles with wheel nuts until i got the replacements from redcat in since the hpi ones will be too short to use for mine. i had a weird wobble in my front differential, where the drive shaft connects, so i put some plastic washers inside to reduce it. small nylon washers from ace hardware, slightly drilled out, fit perfectly.
on the tornado, my friend totally messed up his shocks, so we put some prolines on and its amazing. ended up using the redcat springs, i guess they're good for something. i also found some pieces of plastic at ace hardware that fit perfectly into the bearing race for the rear inside bearing of the axle so that it doesn't wobble anymore. had to trim them down so that they were a little shorter, then epoxy'd them in.
anyways, these cars are a mess haha.. they're great if you don't use them a lot i guess, but we've put over a gallon through them so far, and they're still going... just replacing parts here and there, mostly from just wear and average bashing, nothing too extreme. the shock towers are terrible. one of the best upgrades for the buggies is the rpm bumper for the rustler, its dirt cheap, 7 bucks.. and protects most of the front suspension.