Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: wheel hexes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wheel hexes

anyone know what size the wheel hexes are for the Moonsoon I would like to put a set of Monsoon wheels and tires on my Earhquake 3.5 ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: wheel hexes

not certain, but pretty sure the monsoon has 14 or 17mm hex....the earthquake I know uses 12mm.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: wheel hexes

They are 17mm, at least that's what came stock on my Monsoon XTR. Also I might suggest considering getting them fom Traxxas if your going to be purchasing them. My reason is, at least for me I've found many more wheel options from Traxxas compared to Redcat. The hub is different between the two companies. The pin on the Redcat hex will not allow a Traxxas wheel to be used. The Traxxas wheel is more like those newer style Craftsman wrenches where the wrench bites the sides of the nut instead of the corners. Same goes for the Traxxas wheels. I'm on my second set of factory Monsoon wheels. The torque is murder on the inner hub of the Redcat wheels. I've also managed to split two of the rims and I really don't bash my Monsoon.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :