Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano Epx Pro lipo battery problem

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano Epx Pro lipo battery problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
tdewit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano Epx Pro lipo battery problem

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a volcano epx pro and got a hexfly 5000 mAh 2s lipo.However, I went to put the battery in and it won't fit. I can't get the battery cover on... Do I need to make any modifications to the truck to get this battery to fit? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Volcano Epx Pro lipo battery problem

You have to make sure you order a battery with the same dimensions as the stock battery if you want it to fit in the factory tray. Other people buy a bigger battery because it might be cheaper than the one that fits. Usually a little dremel work or strapping it in with Velcro will usually do the trick.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 PM
tdewit

Thanks! I bought the car and battery from redcatracingshop.com and it was a battery that you could upgrade to right on website when you ordered so I assumed it would work. However the stock battery has rounded edges and this one doesnt so it won't go down all the way in so I can't get the battery cover on. So do you think I should remove the battery corner holders and then Velcro it in. Thanks for the help. I also lost a cotter pin to hold the body on. Do you know where I can get some more of those.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Dads like rc too

Sorry, wasn't aware that the battery came from Redcat. As a customer, I would just expect the battery they sold me to fit. I would either give them call and have them correct the issue or just modify it like I mentioned above. You can order the pins from their website, Ebay, or your local hobby shop.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdewit

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a volcano epx pro and got a hexfly 5000 mAh 2s lipo.However, I went to put the battery in and it won't fit. I can't get the battery cover on... Do I need to make any modifications to the truck to get this battery to fit? Thanks for the help.
buy the body posts for the redcat lightning car. Put them in place of the stock battery post. They are much taller, and you can cut them to the hight needed.
Ive dont this for my tornado, a previous volcano I owned and on my lighting. Its cheap.

also, you can remove the little curved holder on the bottom of the tran (the things meant to hold a stick pack) and that will let the lipo sit lower in the tray. Its just 4 screw under the chassis that hold those 4 curved bits on.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

Sorry, wasn't aware that the battery came from Redcat. As a customer, I would just expect the battery they sold me to fit. I would either give them call and have them correct the issue or just modify it like I mentioned above. You can order the pins from their website, Ebay, or your local hobby shop.
while the volcano and other epx pro models can handle brushless out of the box...the main chassis is the same as the original brushed version....which only ran on stick packs.
but removing the curved pieces and using body posts as taller battery posts takes care of that problem, without need of hacking things up or having it look not stock.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
tdewit

Thanks for the help Nitro!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

while the volcano and other epx pro models can handle brushless out of the box...the main chassis is the same as the original brushed version....which only ran on stick packs.
but removing the curved pieces and using body posts as taller battery posts takes care of that problem, without need of hacking things up or having it look not stock.
Should have known to just direct battery questions to the battery expert...lol. That's great that factory parts will correct the battery issue, but I still think if you buy a Lipo upgrade from Redcat, they shouldn't expect you to have to go looking for and buying parts to make it fit.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Should have known to just direct battery questions to the battery expert...lol. That's great that factory parts will correct the battery issue, but I still think if you buy a Lipo upgrade from Redcat, they shouldn't expect you to have to go looking for and buying parts to make it fit.
Yeh, but those hexfly packs fit in the 1/8 electrics. They werent meant for the 1/10s. The 5000mah hexfly is meant to use in place of the stock 3200mah packs that ship with the 8e and XTE models.
Not saying there isnt room for improvement on their site, just saying those packs are meant to fit other models.