Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sweet, I own a 8e again

just snagged a earthquake 8e for $115. Lipos included!
    Needs a new body and A-arm pins, then its ready to go.

I missed my earthquake. Nothing Ive owned since had that kind of raw power.

Side note, if anyone is looking for a caldera 10e or a ground pounder LMK, I have them for sale. Both are in good shape.

I had intended to resell the GP when I bought it. The caldera I had meant to keep, but now that Ive added a 8e to my stable I probly wont use the caldera much.

Snow will be here before long, so a powerful 4wd truck with big tires will be fun
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: sweet, I own a 8e again

What a steal, that's practically free. I've been thinking about adding a nitro Eathquake to the lineup. I love it's power to weight ratio.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

What a steal, that's practically free. I've been thinking about adding a nitro Eathquake to the lineup. I love it's power to weight ratio.
    I know, the BL system in that truck would run you over $100 alone.
    Its a great deal, to bad I gotta sell something now. The deal was too good to pass up, so I spent money that shouldnt have been spent

I think I saw a nitro earthquake recently on ebay for $175ish. But with nitros, its usually best to buy them new. Unless you get it cheap enough that you can buy a new motor for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I think I saw a nitro earthquake recently on ebay for $175ish. But with nitros, its usually best to buy them new. Unless you get it cheap enough that you can buy a new motor for it.

yeah, that's too high for me. I like to buy a basket case when on ebay. Like you said, with nitro I usually assume I'll be replacing the engine, so that has to be a factor in the price. You should see some of the heaps I've seen on there that only had "a few tankfuls run through it". The last project I got on ebay worked out perfect. It was an HPI nitro MT2. Guy said it needed a piston rod. Luckily I assumed it would need more when pricing it. It was a mint roller if you threw the engine away. That's exactly what I wound up doing. He wasn't lying about it needed a rod, just left out the part about the piston and crank. So anyway, I bought it for $102. Did the HPI engine exchange for $65 and replaced the split fuel tank for $12. Used it for almost a year, then painted me up a shiny new body and sold it for $225. Between the body, new rims and tires and everything else I really just broke even, but I got to run it for a year for free.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk25186.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	1828396  
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

yeah, that's too high for me. I like to buy a basket case when on ebay. Like you said, with nitro I usually assume I'll be replacing the engine, so that has to be a factor in the price. You should see some of the heaps I've seen on there that only had ''a few tankfuls run through it''. The last project I got on ebay worked out perfect. It was an HPI nitro MT2. Guy said it needed a piston rod. Luckily I assumed it would need more when pricing it. It was a mint roller if you threw the engine away. That's exactly what I wound up doing. He wasn't lying about it needed a rod, just left out the part about the piston and crank. So anyway, I bought it for $102. Did the HPI engine exchange for $65 and replaced the split fuel tank for $12. Used it for almost a year, then painted me up a shiny new body and sold it for $225. Between the body, new rims and tires and everything else I really just broke even, but I got to run it for a year for free.
    Nice, thats the way to do it!

I used to do that with real cars...
    bought a '92 volvo 740 turbo wagon for $450 with a good sticker. Drove it for 1.5 years...only put $300 into it over that time. When the sticker was due to run out again, the fuel pump started to give out. It also needed some exhaust repair for a new sticker. Until that point, it had run great. Leather seats, sunroof, all power stuff and a TURBO!
    Sold it for $500. I told the buyer all the stuff that was wrong, was totally honest.

Another 740 I had I owned twice! paid 1200, drove a year, sold for $1000, bought it back 4 months later for $700, sold it the next week for $900.

Getting those kinda deals is soo much fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IM sooo bummed!

I called the guy i bought the truck from. Tueday the shipper bumped the package onto a loading ramp....it got run over by a tandum axle 40 foot trailer-more than once!

He said the only thing left was 1 battery. Even the motor case was cracked!

It sucks for me...sucks worse for the seller. Now he has no truck and has to send me back my money.

Ill have to get that money and save it up...so I can find another one to buy. I doubt I will ever find a RTR 8e for $100 for tho.