Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

PLEASE HELP! Redcat Racing F-18C

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM
zee1992

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! Redcat Racing F-18C

Hello All ,

I recently boughtRedcat Racing F-18C RC. when Iput all the pieces together and trying to get it to turn on, the remote and the plane weren't communicating. Once I put the plane battery, it starts beeping and a red light singal kept blinking from the airplane where the transmitter is at. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON
Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE HELP! Redcat Racing F-18C

1st, is the throttle stick all the way down on the radio? With most planes, the ESC will not arm unless the throttle is off. Make sure the throttle trim isnt turned way up as well.

If that isnt the case, post a pic of the radio. It may need to be re-binded to the reciever. I havent had any of the redcat planes yet, so I dont know what the radio looks like. but chances are, its a clone of another radio. Also, the manual may say how to do that.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:08 AM
zee1992

HELLO! Thanks for responding! Here are the pictures please help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38124.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1830234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98148.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1830235  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Ok, based on the pics id try this:
look and see if you can find a little reciever plug in the box or parts anywhere. Its called a bind plug. One of the ports on the reciever should say bind on it.
If you can find that plug, plug it into the reciever port and turn on the plane.

Then, hold the "bind" button on the radio as you turn it on. Make sure to have your throttle down before you do this.

The light on the reciever will go solid if the bind process works.

Then turn off (or unplug the plane), turn off the radio. Then turn the radio on...and then the plane. It should work correctly if the binding worked.

here is a pic of a bind plug:

Name:	Lj22235.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1830238  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM
zee1992

Ok so I did what you told me and this is what I am getting... After I do the bind, the flashing light is disapering and nothing else is appearing ... I am very sorry, this is my first plane and I am not fimiliar with these things but I did my best

Name:	Ax73068.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1830242  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

after you finished the binding...did you take the bind plug out of the reciever?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 PM
zee1992

Heyyy thanks alot man!!!! Your explaination was awesome it worked thanks man!!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: zee1992

Heyyy thanks alot man!!!! Your explaination was awesome it worked thanks man!!!!!
glad to hear it.
Its rare, but Ive heard of a few models coming from the factory with the radio/reciever not bound.

have you flown a EDF jet before? The main thing is make sure you have a smooth and long runway. Let the jet get to full speed before you pull up. Jets dont have alot of thrust. They have alot of air speed. Thus, they dont recover from a stall quickly. Stalls often happen if you try to take off too early.

There are vids on youtube that will show/describe how EDF jets fly. If you are new to EDF jets, view some vids before you take to the air. I didnt do that, and crashed my EDF a few times because of this.

Good luck, hope you enjoy. And if you get a chance, take some video of the redcat in flight!