Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Moosehutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

I hate to start my existence on a forum like this but oh well. I just got a s30 that up until just recently run with no issues. The problem is that the radio only works from about 20 feet away. I opened both the reciver and the radio to made sure the antennas we still attached and simple stuff like that. You turn both on walk 20 away and the reciver's little light starts flashing. It'll reconnect itself with no issue. The s30 was involved in a pretty bad accident prior to me getting it but like I said it work fine aside from some minor mechanical issues. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

ORIGINAL: Moosehutch

I hate to start my existence on a forum like this but oh well. I just got a s30 that up until just recently run with no issues. The problem is that the radio only works from about 20 feet away. I opened both the reciver and the radio to made sure the antennas we still attached and simple stuff like that. You turn both on walk 20 away and the reciver's little light starts flashing. It'll reconnect itself with no issue. The s30 was involved in a pretty bad accident prior to me getting it but like I said it work fine aside from some minor mechanical issues. Any ideas? Thanks.
sounds like a new radio/rx is needed. The antenna on the reciever probly has a tiny nick or something like that preventing it from having the range it should.
A flysky radio (rebranded redcat radio) is less than $30.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 AM
jroptop

The receiver is the issue 19 out of 20 times,I had the same range issue on a Caldera,got a new receiver and never had the issue again!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Moosehutch

I was thinking I'd replace the reciver first. Both the radio and reciver have matching number stickers on them does that mean that I need to replace both? In other words I don't want to buy a reciver that the radio that I have can't talk to.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
jroptop

You will have to bind the receiver to the radio using the supplied binding cable (black looped cable)that came with the truck.