Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

I hate to start my existence on a forum like this but oh well. I just got a s30 that up until just recently run with no issues. The problem is that the radio only works from about 20 feet away. I opened both the reciver and the radio to made sure the antennas we still attached and simple stuff like that. You turn both on walk 20 away and the reciver's little light starts flashing. It'll reconnect itself with no issue. The s30 was involved in a pretty bad accident prior to me getting it but like I said it work fine aside from some minor mechanical issues. Any ideas? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Tornado s30 radio/ reciver problem

ORIGINAL: Moosehutch

*I hate to start my existence on a forum like this but oh well. I just got a s30 that up until just recently run with no issues. The problem is that the radio only works from about 20 feet away. I opened both the reciver and the radio to made sure the antennas we still attached and simple stuff like that. You turn both on walk 20 away and the reciver's little light starts flashing. It'll reconnect itself with no issue. The s30 was involved in a pretty bad accident prior to me getting it but like I said it work fine aside from some minor mechanical issues. Any ideas? Thanks.
    sounds like a new radio/rx is needed. The antenna on the reciever probly has a tiny nick or something like that preventing it from having the range it should.
    A flysky radio (rebranded redcat radio) is less than $30.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The receiver is the issue 19 out of 20 times,I had the same range issue on a Caldera,got a new receiver and never had the issue again!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was thinking I'd replace the reciver first. Both the radio and reciver have matching number stickers on them does that mean that I need to replace both? In other words I don't want to buy a reciver that the radio that I have can't talk to.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You will have to bind the receiver to the radio using the supplied binding cable (black looped cable)that came with the truck.