Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cooling Volcano between tanks of gas

New Redcat Volcano S30 and have finished break in steps. Have run two other tanks of fuel. Do I need to let it cool down between tanks of gas or just refuel and run? Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Cooling Volcano between tanks of gas

As long as break in is complete and engine is tuned to run correct you should be able to run tank after tank if you like... Always helps to keep an eye on temps though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Cooling Volcano between tanks of gas

this is the advantage nitros have, as long as you have fuel you can keep playing.
    The only thing you want to do if you plan to run multiple tanks in a row is to clean the air filter. If in sandy areas, do this every tank. If its not that bad, then every other tank or so will be fine.
    If you are cleaning the air filter when refueling....use a bit of nitro fuel to clean it. If you used water, the filter will have some water in it and mess up the mixture when you try to start it again. I used to have a small bowl to put a bit of nitro fuel into.

The other option is to have a couple of air filters, clean, and just swap them between tanks.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,