Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

blonde beginner

ok folks...RC beginner here. Got the kiddo a Volcano EPX Truck 1/10 Scale Electric
    (With 2.4GHz Remote Control) for Christmas, no extras, no upgrades. I know nothing about RC, other than charge battery, turn it on and it works. Need help. First, no clue how to adjust the settings for forward, reverse,trim etc. If i set the buttons one way the truck will go forward, another way and it goes forward and reverse, but is reverse on the trigger (pull forward and the truck goes in reverse, and vice versa). Any help would be much appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: blonde beginner

ORIGINAL: reneweir

ok folks...RC beginner here.* Got the kiddo a Volcano EPX Truck 1/10 Scale Electric
    (With 2.4GHz Remote Control) for Christmas, no extras, no upgrades.* I know nothing about RC, other than charge battery, turn it on and it works.* Need help.* First, no clue how to adjust the settings for forward, reverse,trim etc.* If i set the buttons one way the truck will go forward, another way and it goes forward and reverse, but is reverse on the trigger (pull forward and the truck goes in reverse, and vice versa).* Any help would be much appreciated.
    pushing the trigger is reverse, pulling is forward. By adjusting the throttle trim you will see the truck begin to move one way or the other. Set it so it doesn't move without using the trigger.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it is set so that it does not move forward or backward,but when you pull the trigger, the truck goes in reverse, when you push the trigger it goes forward.  there are two toggles at the very top of the controller, on the left they say NOR, on the right they say REV.  which way should they be flipped?  sorry folks, clueless here...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whoop whoop!!! i just figured it out!!!!!!! yay me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whoop whoop!!!* i just figured it out!!!!!!!* yay me
    there ya go, do it like that
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whoop whoop!!!* i just figured it out!!!!!!!* yay me
    your throttle channel was reversed right?

with a basic radio its nice cause you can mess with it till you get it right without doing any harm.

feel free to ask any questions. Lots of "newbs" this time of year just learning there new RC models. Its great you found this site. I was into rc for a year before I found RCuniverse!

Let us know if you wanna get more runtime (that is the number 1 issue on the volcano with stock battery) as there are good options out there that wont break the bank.

SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,