Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

blonde beginner

Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
reneweir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blonde beginner

ok folks...RC beginner here. Got the kiddo a Volcano EPX Truck 1/10 Scale Electric
(With 2.4GHz Remote Control) for Christmas, no extras, no upgrades. I know nothing about RC, other than charge battery, turn it on and it works. Need help. First, no clue how to adjust the settings for forward, reverse,trim etc. If i set the buttons one way the truck will go forward, another way and it goes forward and reverse, but is reverse on the trigger (pull forward and the truck goes in reverse, and vice versa). Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: blonde beginner

ORIGINAL: reneweir

ok folks...RC beginner here. Got the kiddo a Volcano EPX Truck 1/10 Scale Electric
(With 2.4GHz Remote Control) for Christmas, no extras, no upgrades. I know nothing about RC, other than charge battery, turn it on and it works. Need help. First, no clue how to adjust the settings for forward, reverse,trim etc. If i set the buttons one way the truck will go forward, another way and it goes forward and reverse, but is reverse on the trigger (pull forward and the truck goes in reverse, and vice versa). Any help would be much appreciated.
pushing the trigger is reverse, pulling is forward. By adjusting the throttle trim you will see the truck begin to move one way or the other. Set it so it doesn't move without using the trigger.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
reneweir

it is set so that it does not move forward or backward,but when you pull the trigger, the truck goes in reverse, when you push the trigger it goes forward.  there are two toggles at the very top of the controller, on the left they say NOR, on the right they say REV.  which way should they be flipped?  sorry folks, clueless here...

Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM
reneweir

whoop whoop!!! i just figured it out!!!!!!! yay me
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there ya go, do it like that
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your throttle channel was reversed right?

with a basic radio its nice cause you can mess with it till you get it right without doing any harm.

feel free to ask any questions. Lots of "newbs" this time of year just learning there new RC models. Its great you found this site. I was into rc for a year before I found RCuniverse!

Let us know if you wanna get more runtime (that is the number 1 issue on the volcano with stock battery) as there are good options out there that wont break the bank.