Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Front Axle Repair - 1/16 Tremor Truggy/Monster Truck

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Front Axle Repair - 1/16 Tremor Truggy/Monster Truck

Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Fritzdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Axle Repair - 1/16 Tremor Truggy/Monster Truck

R/C newbe here looking fo a little repair help.

I bought each of my boys a Redcat 1/16th scale Tremor. Unfortunatly these they both had mishaps that require repair. I'm pretty good at this kind of thing but I cannot figure out how to remove the metal suspension pins. In the user manual the number is 16004. I've uploaded a photo of the part in question. I presume that I need a special tool to pull it back out as It does not stick out enough for me to get a grip on it with any tool I currently have. If you are familiar with this truggy and could give me a little guidance or point me in the direction of a tear down article or video I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Frank

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86165.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1837504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98225.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1837505  
Old 01-06-2013, 03:01 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Front Axle Repair - 1/16 Tremor Truggy/Monster Truck

pulled my tremor off the shelf to see if I could figure it out.
At 1st like you, I was stumped.
Then I took a flathead screw driver...micro one like is used for eyeglass repair. Put that between the rear of the A-arm and chassis and as you push down work it toward the front of the truck. The pin is there and you can use the screwdriver to push it toward the front so that it extends beyond the A-arm about 1/8th of an inch. with it out that much, I could get ahold of it with some needle nose plyers and pull it out with ease.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

used your pic to show where to use the micro-flathead screwdriver to push on the pin and make it go towards the front. Highlighted in blue.

did the chassis break?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63471.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1837555  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Fritzdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help. That did the trick. I got it taken apart and fixed tonight. Going to take the boys over to run these on a practice field behind the high school tomorrow where there's a lot more room.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Fritzdog

Thanks for your help. That did the trick. I got it taken apart and fixed tonight. Going to take the boys over to run these on a practice field behind the high school tomorrow where there's a lot more room.
great, glad I could help. This one stumped me at 1st. Its kind of an odd setup. But then, several of the features on the tremor are not your usually fair for 1/16 models.
Im thinking of getting the ball bearing upgrade set for mine.