Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caldera 10E servo saver unit

Hello everyone,I posted another thread about the steering not returning to dead center when turning left or right,and after putting in a metal gear servo,Im still experiencing the same issue.So Itook apart the entire steering along with the steering servo saver kit and realized that the steering saver unit plastic sleeve is split,is this the way it is supposed to be,or should it be one solid sleeve?I ask because as Iput tension on the servo and turn the wheel side to side,I noticed alot of play in the steering saver kit and realized it is cracked.I looked up the part but cant tell if its one piece sleeve or 2,Any help is much appreciated by those who own a Caldera or those who sell them with backround knowledge,thanks in advance!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caldera 10E servo saver unit

the main part of the saver unit is 2 parts.
    These 2 parts lock into eachother normally. Only when enough stress is applied do they seperate, due to the spring above them.

In the exploded view you can see the 2 main parts and how they interlock. If you are seeing a seperation other than whats shown below then you may have a break.

Also, there is either a "toothed" ring above the saver, or its the nut above the upper chassis plate which applies pressure to the spring. If the pressure is not enough, this will cause slop as the saver is opening with less resisistance than it should.

When I 1st had my 8e, the steering was horrid. I swapped out the servo figuring that was it, but it still didnt want to center. It turned out to be the servo saver adjustment was too loose. The servo would center, but the saver would give and the wheels would not fully center.

hopefully the exploded view will help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61447.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	1838142  
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks again Nitro,thats EXACTLY what it was!I appreciate your knowledge and expertise!!!!
    ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

These 2 parts lock into eachother normally. Only when enough stress is applied do they seperate, due to the spring above them.

In the exploded view you can see the 2 main parts and how they interlock. If you are seeing a seperation other than whats shown below then you may have a break.

Also, there is either a "toothed" ring above the saver, or its the nut above the upper chassis plate which applies pressure to the spring. If the pressure is not enough, this will cause slop as the saver is opening with less resisistance than it should.

When I 1st had my 8e, the steering was horrid. I swapped out the servo figuring that was it, but it still didnt want to center. It turned out to be the servo saver adjustment was too loose. The servo would center, but the saver would give and the wheels would not fully center.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jroptop

Thanks again Nitro,thats EXACTLY what it was!I appreciate your knowledge and expertise!!!!

Also, there is either a ''toothed'' ring above the saver, or its the nut above the upper chassis plate which applies pressure to the spring. If the pressure is not enough, this will cause slop as the saver is opening with less resisistance than it should.

was it an adjustment nut right?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YUP,exactly!I tightened it down all the way,then backed it off 2 full turns and tested out the saver to see if it still served its purpose,all is good!

ORIGINAL: jroptop

Also, there is either a ''toothed'' ring above the saver, or its the nut above the upper chassis plate which applies pressure to the spring. If the pressure is not enough, this will cause slop as the saver is opening with less resisistance than it should.

was it an adjustment nut right?