Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

radio system chargers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Gerdia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio system chargers

I have the Redcat Tornado S30, the transmitter is came with has a port for a charger but I can't sem to find any info on it anywhere.
Does anyone know where I can get a charger as to use rechargable batteries. Also looking to upgrade to a Flysky GT3B, does that one have
a charger with it.
Thank for any help anyone can provide.

Gerry
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: radio system chargers

Im not sure on the charger port either...but the flysky(same radio) from hobbypartz come with a USB cable that looks to be the charger.

according to the GTB3 specs, it also had a charger port....but I dont see the charger listed among the items included in the box.

I have always run regular "AA"s. Granted, you will save money over time with rechargables....but you will have to charge somewhat often, where as regular "AA" have more MAH and actually run longer.

But if you are set on rechargable, why not just get a set of batts with their own charger?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

But if you are set on rechargable, why not just get a set of batts with their own charger?
This is what we do. I use Tunigy rechargeables, you can get them on Amazon. You get 16, 2500 mah AA's with a smart charger/discharger for $48. I run 4-5 times a week and they last almost 2 months before you have to recharge them.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Gerdia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have rechargeable batteries but, as you know, this car requires a total of 12 AA. 8 for the transmitter and I can only charge 4 at one time, so instaed of going out and buying another charger
I was hoping to spend the money on a charger for the radio system. Also cut down on the clutter of battery chargers.
I'm new to the hobby and i'm finding out that there really isn't much info on the radio systems, mine didn't even come with instructions and i had to figure out what knob/button did.
an experienced r/c hobbiest would know what it all means and does, but for a newbie it can get very confusing and frustrating.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: Gerdia

I have rechargeable batteries but, as you know, this car requires a total of 12 AA. 8 for the transmitter and I can only charge 4 at one time, so instaed of going out and buying another charger
I was hoping to spend the money on a charger for the radio system. Also cut down on the clutter of battery chargers.
I'm new to the hobby and i'm finding out that there really isn't much info on the radio systems, mine didn't even come with instructions and i had to figure out what knob/button did.
an experienced r/c hobbiest would know what it all means and does, but for a newbie it can get very confusing and frustrating.
Thanks for the replies.
I understand the reasoning behind wanting fewer batteries. The most nitros I will allow myself to keep in the fleet at one time is three running, mainly because just keeping up with the AA's for the electronics on board can be a chore. Luckily the radio will run forever on a set of batteries, either regular or rechargeable. The servo batteries don't last as long. I run mine for about 8 tanks or one week, whichever comes first. The main reason I told you about the Turnigy's on Amazon is they come with a 8 bay smart charger and 16 batteries. This way you can put 8 in the radio and still have 8 to rotate in and out of your on board electronics, also the batteries themselves are very good. They last forever on a charge and are rated for 1000 cycles. Also as a side note, if you didn't know this already, rechargables are slightly fatter than regular batteries. If you put them in your radio, you will need to take a dremel and file down each end of the battery compartment just slightly so they will fit.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: Gerdia

Thanks for the replies.
I understand the reasoning behind wanting fewer batteries. The most nitros I will allow myself to keep in the fleet at one time is three running, mainly because just keeping up with the AA's for the electronics on board can be a chore. Luckily the radio will run forever on a set of batteries, either regular or rechargeable. The servo batteries don't last as long. I run mine for about 8 tanks or one week, whichever comes first. The main reason I told you about the Turnigy's on Amazon is they come with a 8 bay smart charger and 16 batteries. This way you can put 8 in the radio and still have 8 to rotate in and out of your on board electronics, also the batteries themselves are very good. They last forever on a charge and are rated for 1000 cycles. Also as a side note, if you didn't know this already, rechargables are slightly fatter than regular batteries. If you put them in your radio, you will need to take a dremel and file down each end of the battery compartment just slightly so they will fit.
I am soo waiting for Redcat to switch to a 2.4 radio that will only need 4 "AA"s!
My redcat tremor is cool, only needs 3 "AA" batts!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I am soo waiting for Redcat to switch to a 2.4 radio that will only need 4 ''AA''s!
My redcat tremor is cool, only needs 3 ''AA'' batts!
I am right there with you. Everyone just loves to complain about Redcats radio but there is really nothing to complain about. It works fine for a budget radio that comes with a budget priced model. I've had far worse that I paid a lot of money for back in the day. 4 batteries would be awesome though!