Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aluminun steering hubs worth it on my Tornado S30?

Ihave broken my front steering hubs a good half dozen times since Ihave owned this model. Ihave done the usual fixes like move the turn buckes in closer to the tires to eliminate so much stress on the steering hub. But I have still had pretty bad luck with them.

Iwas wondering if the Aluminum Hop Up was worth it. Even though it is a little to late now since I already purchased it. Here is what Ipurchased part# 02186. Anyone tried or used these yet? What kind of luck did you have?

Edit: If they are any good should I get part# 02187 to? I have only ever broken one rear hub. But I am thinking, hell why not add bling and do the upgrade if it helps?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aluminun steering hubs worth it on my Tornado S30?

I have found that sometimes the bearing fit is a pain (very tight)
    but otherwise the alloy hubs are a good upgrade.
    I would not (with my own money) buy upgrade arms.....you need some flex somewhere. But the hubs (front and rear) work well.

The only issue ive heard of is the screws wanting to back out (on the electric version) but I dont think that can happen on the nitro version.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitro. Thanks for the reply. Iam just getting back into this hobby after a lot of year out of it. I learned a long time ago with my old T-Max that it was a heck of a lot easier to let the suspension arms break, instead of bending a hinge pin in them. Ahhh good times. Hahahaha.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hulk1211

Nitro. Thanks for the reply. IĀ*am just getting back into this hobby after a lot of year out of it. I learned a long time ago with my old T-Max that it was a heck of a lot easier to let the suspension arms break, instead of bending a hinge pin in them. Ahhh good times. Hahahaha.
    indeed.
    what ive seen that sucks more is alloy arms causing the pin holder of the chassis (or sometimes diff case) breaking. Always easier to replace an arm than a chassis plate or diff case.

Just had this happen on my arrma. The plastic isnt as flexable as my Redcats and the upper arm was fine after the crash....the upper arm mount wasnt. And it took almost an hour to replace that mount, as it is the basis of the whole front end!
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have tried all sorts of aluminum parts on all of my vehicles, they aren't worth the extra money, they have a tendancy to make other parts break, or they bend out of shape if they get hit hard enough!