Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thinking about an Avalanche XTE

So I am thinking about getting an Avalanche XTE. A guy locally has a new never used one, for what Ifeel is a pretty good deal at $275.00. I've never messed with the electrics much. Is there anything should upgrade right away on this model if I decide to go with it?

It looks pretty damn fun in the video. But, with all things I am sure this has a weakness. So I am looking around for suggestions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Thinking about an Avalanche XTE

ORIGINAL: Hulk1211

So I am thinking about getting an Avalanche XTE. A guy locally has a new never used one, for what IĀ*feel is a pretty good deal at $275.00. I've never messed with the electrics much. Is there anything should upgrade right away on this model if I decide to go with it?

It looks pretty damn fun in the video. But, with all things I am sure this has a weakness. So I am looking around for suggestions.

Is this a private sale, or a dealer? Id be weary of a dealer selling under the MAP price (which is $299 right now)
    Other than that, upgrade the steering servo.
    Get lipos with higher MAH for better runtimes.
    Seems I heard something before about the driveshafts. I dont know that its a common issue tho.
    Other than that, make sure to check all screw/bolts/nuts, spur/pinion mesh ect before running it.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I pretty sure it is not a dealer. I found in on CL. The guy just said that he bought and opened it for his son at Christmas time and decided it is way way to much of a truck for his young boy to have right now.

I'm going to look at it today to make sure it has not been ran like he says. Then I might pick it up.

What steering servo do you think I should get?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I pretty sure it is not a dealer. I found in on CL. The guy just said that he bought and opened it for his son at Christmas time and decided it is way way to much of a truck for his young boy to have right now.

I'm going to look at it today to make sure it has not been ran like he says. Then I might pick it up.

What steering servo do you think I should get?
    If its been run, I wouldnt pay more than $250. Honestly Id try to get it for $225.
    And test it out for sure.

I use MG996r servos. Any servo you find that is metal geared and has 150-200oz of torque should work well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A great truck for the price! We move a ton of these and we own 2 for personal use. Its hit or miss on issues like dogbones and front center shafts bending under hard abuse. Run 2 5000 40-50c lipos and you get 30-40 min of average driving time. Like nitro stated I would go for 225-250.00
    Denny
    Big Boys RC Toys
    Howard, PA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ended up picking it up for $230.00. It was brand new. It's bigger than I expected and looks pretty well built. It has been crazy cold out so I have not ran it yet. Iemailed the guy Ialways buy my parts through and he said he just ordered a ton of those MG996r servos. He plans on selling them for $13.99 with free shipping. Ilooked around on eBay like suggested. It looks like they sell for around $9 - $10 ea. shipped out of china and about $20 - $30 ea. shipped from the U.S.

So I think for $13.99 you can't beat that since you will have it in 3 days or less. No one likes waiting. We are all kids in this hobby haha. I'll post up if he does email me a link to them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You got a great price! We have not had any servo issues with these trucks, the steering servo could be faster and a lil more powerful but under driving they are fine. Have fun with it! Upgrade those lipos 2 5000+ and you will have plenty of runtime
    Denny
    Big Boys RC Toys
    Howard, PA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ended up picking it up for $230.00. It was brand new. It's bigger than I expected and looks pretty well built. It has been crazy cold out so I have not ran it yet. IĀ*emailed the guy IĀ*always buy my parts through and he said he just ordered a ton of those MG996r servos. He plans on selling them for $13.99 with free shipping. IĀ*looked around on eBay like suggested. It looks like they sell for around $9 - $10 ea. shipped out of china and about $20 - $30 ea. shipped from the U.S.

So I think for $13.99 you can't beat that since you will have it in 3 days or less. No one likes waiting. We are all kids in this hobby haha. I'll post up if he does email me a link to them.
    $230 practically new is a great price (shoot id pay more shipped as a dealer)
    And $13.99 for those servos is great.
    They just have more torque than the stock on and with those big tires youll want them.