Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How to refill Sumo alu shocks? (#24600)

Hi-

I just got some aluminium shocks for the Sumo (part #24600) and some of the shocks don't have enough fluid in them.

How do I refill these shocks? I can remove the screw on the bottom (the one that the shaft goes through), but the cap doesn't want to come off. I assume it's not one piece. Is the cap glued on?

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How to refill Sumo alu shocks? (#24600)

ORIGINAL: csumpi

Hi-

I just got some aluminium shocks for the Sumo (part #24600) and some of the shocks don't have enough fluid in them.

How do I refill these shocks? I can remove the screw on the bottom (the one that the shaft goes through), but the cap doesn't want to come off. I assume it's not one piece. Is the cap glued on?*

Thanks!
    I cant imagine its glued on. Probly just hard to get enough force on it cause they are small.
    Use a small screw driver to go threw the screw hole of the cap and a good pair of pliers (maybe with some tape on them) on the shock body to get a good grip.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How to refill Sumo alu shocks? (#24600)

Thanks for the suggestion, the caps came off with some tape covered pliers.

All shocks were very low on oil. I would say between 1/4 to 1/2 filled. 

I filled them up with 35 wt oil (the thinnest I have), but it's too thick for the shocks. They don't even move through the oil.

Anybody has any suggestion on what weight they should be filled with?