Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat ever plan on offering Heli's

I read a while back somewhere, I am not sure where any longer that Redcat was considering offering Heli's. Any of you dealers know if that is ever coming to fruition? I am a Heli guy to and I would love to see someone offer a nice entry level Heli at a competetive price that you can actually get parts for. Since parts are usually 99% of the problem with entry level 4 and 6 channel heli's that are imported. They are impossible to get.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat ever plan on offering Heli's

ORIGINAL: Hulk1211

**I read a while back somewhere, I am not sure where any longer that Redcat was considering offering Heli's. Any of you dealers know if that is ever coming to fruition? I am a Heli guy to and I would love to see someone offer a nice entry level Heli at a competetive price that you can actually get parts for. Since parts are usually 99% of the problem with entry level 4 and 6 channel heli's that are imported. They are impossible to get.*
    Redcat has not announced officially, but since they are discontinuing all of their planes, I'm not sure if this means they're getting out of the flight business altogether or just planes. They will still offer customer support and parts for any discontinued models so if you want a plane, now is the time to grab one.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Once upon a time I was into planes and Iactually do have a small Redcat Plane the C50 Mini . It flies pretty decently in low wind. Ihave moved on to helis though for the most part. I think with the explosion of the heli market in the last few years Redcat could capture a good portion of the market because they are getting more and more main stream. As I mentioned before the biggest thing with entry level helis right now is there are just no parts available anywhere. From what I can tell Redcat also orders a lot of parts to stock at all times for their models.

Maybe I just need to hit the lotto so I can buy into Redcat, play with my models all day and import helis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

someday, but probly not soon guys.
    Redcat is clearly growing. the number of new models ive seen in just a couple of years as a dealer is impressive.
    while the planes are going, I wouldnt be surprised to see redcat try again. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat and Im sure they will find some planes to get that will sell and be profitable.

want a cheap, easy to fly heli? Syma x1.

OK, so its a quad and not a heli. Ive had a couple of coax rotor helis and while I can "fly" them, the inevitable crash always meant lots of broken/bent parts and stuff thrown out of wack.
    Ive had a blade msr, but that was too quick for me to handle.

This syma is stable, but can do some pretty cool moves. It also holds up VERY well to crashes. And its cheap!
    Only downsides are 5 minute runtimes on the lipo battery. So pic up an extra.
    quads have more power. this can lift a micro camera. my blade cx2 couldnt.
    also, while wind will knock around any heli, it doesnt hurt the quad as much do to its low profile (less for the wind to push on)
    with full throws, this quad can go 15mph, maybe a bit faster.
    And there is 1 button you hit while choosing a direction that allows for the flips. Makes you "look" like a skilled pilot...LOL

here's mine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K8zJ5oooug[/youtube]
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been looking at quads for a while now. That one looks like a lot of fun. I have a couple birds right now. A T-REX 450 and a T-REX 550E kit I am in the process of building. Are you able to secure parts for the quad pretty easily? I have a couple Syma S107s I like to fly around the house once in a while to and I have got parts for those pretty easily.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been looking at quads for a while now. That one looks like a lot of fun. I have a couple birds right now. A T-REX 450 and a T-REX 550E kit I am in the process of building. Are you able to secure parts for the quad pretty easily? I have a couple Syma S107s I like to fly around the house once in a while to and I have got parts for those pretty easily.
    IDK, havent had to buy a part yet!
    The arms can pull out of the frame upon impact...instead of breaking.
    The blades are pretty tough. I know you can buy spares of them on ebay. same with extra batts.
    Body is tough and doesnt really take any impacts.
    I had 1 time a crash caused a prop not to turn, but it was just grass in the gear. pulled it out and worked again.

Unlike a coax or fixed pitch, the quad is VERY light. Its a decent size, but weighs more like a blade MCX. Less weight=less mass=almost no damage if you crash.

I think these things are like $55 on ebay. I got mine for $65 with spare props and a extra battery.
    The stock charger is a usb cable. Kinda sucks if you dont have a computer handy. But I usually just charge on my thunder ac6 anyway. Plug is a red rx type.

There are a few RTF quads for $100 (like the traxxas) but this guy is bigger...nearly twice the size of my hand. I like the larger size and since it doesnt cost more I think its a pretty sweet deal.

I have about 10 -12 flights on mine, both indoors and outside.

If you have owned a blade MCX, Id rate the durabliltiy and ease of flying the syma x1 about the same as the MCX. With the advantage of some lift power and the flipping acrobatics and much faster on high rates. In my vid I didnt get it upto full speed. There are some vids on youtube showing it going WOT.

Its not a heli for a serious pilot I dont think. I mean, its fun to fly, durable and lets you do some cool stuff without buying spare parts every other time you fly. But more expensive quads are probly more acurate. You always get what you pay for. But for under $100 its a heck of a cool whirrly bird.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it looks pretty damn sweet. I have some Amazon points on my credit card I can use. I think I have enough to get this guy for about free. Since it is winter time anyway I think this will make for a great indoor flyer.

Ihear great things about the MCX and MSR as beginner/intermediate helis as far as micros go anyway. Only micro I have ever owned that was nice is the Align TREX100S. But I'll be honest my $30.00 symas are built better. I was very unimpressed with the TREX100S. For the $100.00 they are typically charing for those $80 of it you are paying for the electronics. They were nice. The bird however was a whole other story.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well. I got my Syma X1 yesterday. It is pretty decent fun. Well it was after I got it switched to mode 2 so I could use the controlls properly.

Very easy to fly right out of box and a fanstic deal for 35.00 on Amazon. Thanks for the suggestions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well. I got my Syma X1 yesterday. It is pretty decent fun. Well it was after I got it switched to mode 2 so I could use the controlls properly.

Very easy to fly right out of box and a fanstic deal for 35.00 on Amazon. Thanks for the suggestions.**
    crazy the performance of the syma x1 for the cost isnt it?

On hi throws it can move pretty quickly.

Have you used the "flip" button on the top yet?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes sir! The flip botton is great! I was doing flips with it on the first battery. I have a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) that decided he was king kong and literally bit the quad copter out of the air. I heard a big crunch and the body has some teeth marks in the battery has a big dent in it and it STILL flies perfect. Seriously the best deal on any RC model I have purchases in a very long time. I can't thank you enough for this suggestion.

I'll have get a video later of my dog baby acting like king kong with it.