Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Vehicles Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Vehicles Coming Soon

The reasoning behind it is for those that want a solid platform that they can upgrade later. The cost of brushed will be a lot less than brushless and will allow the user to put in their own brushless system.

You might ask why not just offer a roller?

The answer to that is we don't sell rollers and want to only focus on RTR's. We believe there is a customer base that might not be able to afford a brushless just yet but they want to have some fun until they can, or they already have a brushless motor and esc that they can use right away without spending the money on a brushless vehicle.

The few we tested were still rather fun but just a little bit too slow. Our goal is over 20MPH for the brushed version at a killer price, and ready to upgrade to brushless when the user is ready.

Darin
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
lifeismuddy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
cul8tr
My Feedback: (4)

Any videos of the Mirage and the S-tyrk-r? I would like to see them in action before I buy. No Redcat dealers around here. Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM
lifeismuddy

ORIGINAL: cul8tr

Any videos of the Mirage and the S-tyrk-r? I would like to see them in action before I buy. No Redcat dealers around here. Thanks
We have the mirages arriving this week if the weather is decent ill get one out and shoot a vid and give a little review. As far as the stryker goes we did a poll on our facebook page to see if people thought I should stock it, all but 1 person said no so that review will have to be up to someone else.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will have a mirage this friday. I will try to have some running vid posted to youtube by the weekend, all depends on the weather tho.

I also bought myself a sandstorm. Its not bad looking for the price and I figured it would be fun at the track. And I didnt see any reviews of it on youtube, just 1 or 2 running videos but only on flat pavement.

I had planned to buy a strykr but money didnt come threw. I may still pick one up in the near future, but Im sure there will be some reviews of it before I get a chance to own one[]

The pagani is also very nice looking.

One of the things that has set redcat's onroads apart from say, a tamiya TT-01 is the quality and look of the body. While the redcat costs $50-$75 less, with a tamiya you get a highly detailed scale body.
But the brushed version of the pagani will cost less than a TT-01 RTR and looks really good.
In fact, the brushless version will run you about the same as a pre-built tamiya TT-01 brushed!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65498.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1857940  
Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

The reasoning behind it is for those that want a solid platform that they can upgrade later. The cost of brushed will be a lot less than brushless and will allow the user to put in their own brushless system.

You might ask why not just offer a roller?

The answer to that is we don't sell rollers and want to only focus on RTR's. We believe there is a customer base that might not be able to afford a brushless just yet but they want to have some fun until they can, or they already have a brushless motor and esc that they can use right away without spending the money on a brushless vehicle.

The few we tested were still rather fun but just a little bit too slow. Our goal is over 20MPH for the brushed version at a killer price, and ready to upgrade to brushless when the user is ready.

Darin
so, there will be a brushed version of the mirage!?

Has Redcat tried something like a Titan 775 brushed motor? It can handle more volts, pushes a Emaxx to 30mph. Might even do more than that in the Mirage.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
lifeismuddy

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I will have a mirage this friday. I will try to have some running vid posted to youtube by the weekend, all depends on the weather tho.

I also bought myself a sandstorm. Its not bad looking for the price and I figured it would be fun at the track. And I didnt see any reviews of it on youtube, just 1 or 2 running videos but only on flat pavement.

I had planned to buy a strykr but money didnt come threw. I may still pick one up in the near future, but Im sure there will be some reviews of it before I get a chance to own one[]

One of the things that has set redcat's onroads apart from say, a tamiya TT-01 is the quality and look of the body. While the redcat costs $50-$75 less, with a tamiya you get a highly detailed scale body.
But the brushed version of the pagani will cost less than a TT-01 RTR and looks really good.
In fact, the brushless version will run you about the same as a pre-built tamiya TT-01 brushed!

I have the sandstorms in the store and have sold 1 since getting them about 3 weeks but he is loving it!.we have driven them inside but no real review off that. But seems to have plenty of speed for brushed vehicle. The rear body pins are a pita and recommend moving the power switch for easier access.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: lifeismuddy

I have the sandstorms in the store and have sold 1 since getting them about 3 weeks but he is loving it!.we have driven them inside but no real review off that. But seems to have plenty of speed for brushed vehicle. The rear body pins are a pita and recommend moving the power switch for easier access.
how does the battery door work? Its like on the twisters, correct? And the mirage for that matter.
I know a complaint on the Axial Exo is installing the battery. shouldnt have that problem on the Mirage!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
lifeismuddy

how does the battery door work? Its like on the twisters, correct? And the mirage for that matter.
I know a complaint on the Axial Exo is installing the battery. shouldnt have that problem on the Mirage!
Battery tray is just as the volcano, caldera, and most other 1/10th scale redcat vehicles. the boddy flips up but stays attached to the front of the vehicle. (hinge setup)
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
lifeismuddy

The mirages arrived today, I must say very impressive design! Bottom battery door makes battery changes fast and simple the spare is a real spare and not some plastic imitation. I didnt get a chance to getba run in yet hopefully over the weekend. I will say it looks like a lot of teardown just to get to the drivetrain or electronics. As of rite now I am very pleased with this vehicle!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Battery tray is just as the volcano, caldera, and most other 1/10th scale redcat vehicles. the boddy flips up but stays attached to the front of the vehicle. (hinge setup)
you are refering to the sandstorm, correct?

just 2 more days and mine will be here!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
lifeismuddy

The mirage battery tray is on the bottom yes just as the twister. Its awesome I took the demo out in the yard for a few min. I feel Its going to be a good vehicle. Repairs are going to ne a little more teadious as all the body panels are screwed on but I feel it makes for a better built vehicle.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Microz

That Huayra.....I...Need....IT.....any word on when its coming out?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
lifeismuddy

Got a little chance to remove the side panels off the Mirage to look around a lil. looks as tho this will handle a 4s lipo hmm cant wait to try that this rips as it is on 3s! teardown for any repairs is going to be a pita!!! took 7 very small screws just to see into the side of the vehicle. I am very impressed so far for the build quality of this vehicle. the battery tray will offer plenty of room for a 4s once you remove the foam filler. not sure on the servo torque as it is unbranded altho it does seem to do a very good job at turning this thing and with the tires being smaller it shouldnt be as hard on the servo as say the earthquake is. The radio i am not overly impressed with its the same radio design as the sumo and tremor vehicles, I would of hoped for at least a cover over the buttons so no accidental adjustments range seems very good as I ran it as far as I could see and never lost signal. the radio runs off of 3 AA batteries another disappointment as that tends to cut down on signal strength at a distance and they do not last as long as 1 would like. the imitation light bar has provisions to add leds, the aluminum shocks handle the jumps very well had a little bottoming on the bigger launches tonight but that is straight out of the box no adjustments or oil changes so that can be improved easily. Altho I do not see a need for a real spare tire its a great realistic addition you normally do not even see on the higher dollar vehicles. Overall for $300.00 I feel this is a great deal and I will be putting this to a better test this weekend and hopefully can get the wife to do some vids!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Microz

That Huayra.....[img][/img]I...Need....IT.....any word on when its coming out?

It IS out, you can get it in brushed or brushless form!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Got a little chance to remove the side panels off the Mirage to look around a lil. looks as tho this will handle a 4s lipo hmm cant wait to try that this rips as it is on 3s! teardown for any repairs is going to be a pita!!! took 7 very small screws just to see into the side of the vehicle. I am very impressed so far for the build quality of this vehicle. the battery tray will offer plenty of room for a 4s once you remove the foam filler. not sure on the servo torque as it is unbranded altho it does seem to do a very good job at turning this thing and with the tires being smaller it shouldnt be as hard on the servo as say the earthquake is. The radio i am not overly impressed with its the same radio design as the sumo and tremor vehicles, I would of hoped for at least a cover over the buttons so no accidental adjustments range seems very good as I ran it as far as I could see and never lost signal. the radio runs off of 3 AA batteries another disappointment as that tends to cut down on signal strength at a distance and they do not last as long as 1 would like. the imitation light bar has provisions to add leds, the aluminum shocks handle the jumps very well had a little bottoming on the bigger launches tonight but that is straight out of the box no adjustments or oil changes so that can be improved easily. Altho I do not see a need for a real spare tire its a great realistic addition you normally do not even see on the higher dollar vehicles. Overall for $300.00 I feel this is a great deal and I will be putting this to a better test this weekend and hopefully can get the wife to do some vids!!!!
I was wondering about 4s.
Redcat hasnt posted specs on the motor, but I assume if they put a 4s capable ESC then the motor can handle 4s as well.
The fact that the battery tray is large enough for a 4s supports that.
I assume the reason for the 3s lipo is both cost, and that the system will run best/last longer on 3s.

Care to guestimate on the speed? Sounds like you have had an earthquake 8e. How would you compare the speed/power to that beast?

Not sure how I feel about it having a radio like the tremor. I like that it takes only 3 "AA" batts, but it doesnt have as nice a feel as the rebranded flysky you get with most of the other models.

Its funny you mention you wish it had a cover like the other radios....my buddy ripped the cover off his RCR-2CNR cause he hated opening it every time he wanted to adjust trims. But then, He had mulitple models bound to the 1 radio.

If you thought the 7 small screws was bad, watch jang's review of the axial exo. If I recall, it was 12 screws, and there were 3 different sized of screws makeing up those 12!

My mirage arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to see the UPS guy.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
lifeismuddy

I was wondering about 4s.
Redcat hasnt posted specs on the motor, but I assume if they put a 4s capable ESC then the motor can handle 4s as well.
The fact that the battery tray is large enough for a 4s supports that.
I assume the reason for the 3s lipo is both cost, and that the system will run best/last longer on 3s.

Care to guestimate on the speed? Sounds like you have had an earthquake 8e. How would you compare the speed/power to that beast?

Not sure how I feel about it having a radio like the tremor. I like that it takes only 3 ''AA'' batts, but it doesnt have as nice a feel as the rebranded flysky you get with most of the other models.

Its funny you mention you wish it had a cover like the other radios....my buddy ripped the cover off his RCR-2CNR cause he hated opening it every time he wanted to adjust trims. But then, He had mulitple models bound to the 1 radio.

If you thought the 7 small screws was bad, watch jang's review of the axial exo. If I recall, it was 12 screws, and there were 3 different sized of screws makeing up those 12!

My mirage arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to see the UPS guy.
+1 on the 3s reasoning im sure it will tear stuff up. Yes had the 8e and altho a decent vehicle Its hard on parts! Dofbones are a weak link in almost every rc that has torque but the 8e eats them for breakfast lunch and dinner! The diffs in the 8e are another downfall but with the hardned diffs n some shimming that solves that problem. We also have the avalanche its a huge improvement over the 8e but its size does not do it much justice for bashing. Never had the chance ti mess with the exo but sounds like a pita! Not saying its a downfall just a hassle for teardown.
I think you will be impressed and I cant really estimate speed just not my thing.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Ok
Ill estimate speed once mine arrives.
I have a hardcased, 3s, 30c, 5000mah pack ready and waiting for it!

I know the 8e's were good for 45mph. If the Mirage can do at least 35 on the 3s Ill be happy. But Im betting it may do 40mph.

I didnt have much issue with the dogbones on my 8e. The rear diff was another story. I never did try shimming them but I know thats what has to be done. The hardened diff gears they had for the shredder series no doubt help alot as well.

was the avalanche XTE slower than the 8e? I mean, its more of a true 1/8 chassis and thus heavier as I understand. Id think it might be more fun on a dirt track.
some models lend themselves to fun as bashing, and others on a track.
The best models are fun to drive either way.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:02 AM
Microz

ORIGINAL: Microz

That Huayra.....[img][/img]I...Need....IT.....any word on when its coming out?

It IS out, you can get it in brushed or brushless form!
Thanks for letting me know!!! I found it!!!