Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

caldera 10E receiver burnout

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 PM
darthinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caldera 10E receiver burnout

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the r/c world and I've had the caldera 10E for about 6 months now. It gets some hard bashing, and I'm happy to say that I haven't had any major breakage, but i have burned out 2 receivers in that time. Can this happen often? I am running 5000mAh 2 cell lipos with a 12v fan on the esc to keep it cool.I can't figure out why I keep burning out receivers. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: caldera 10E receiver burnout

ORIGINAL: darthinc

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the r/c world and I've had the caldera 10E for about 6 months now. It gets some hard bashing, and I'm happy to say that I haven't had any major breakage, but i have burned out 2 receivers in that time. Can this happen often? I am running 5000mAh 2 cell lipos with a 12v fan on the esc to keep it cool. I can't figure out why I keep burning out receivers. Thanks.
so the fan isnt the stock one?
Not certain, but if its not stock it could be the issue. Might try to draw more power threw the rx than its meant to handle.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
darthinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is not a stock fan, I didn't think it would effect the receiver. I will look into that. Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
PetRock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: darthinc
... but i have burned out 2 receivers in that time. Can this happen often?
I don't know of anything that can eat them, unless they've been getting wet. Or perhaps the ESC BECis feeding them a bit too much voltage... but then I'd think you've be burning out servos too.

In case you've been buying Redcat replacements, they are just rebranded FlySky receivers: you can buy them from HobbyKing or HobbyPartz for less than $10.