1. When storing for the winter, do you need to remove all the fuel from the tank? I know you mentioned not having to after running, but what about for long term storage?Â*Â* There is mix opions about taking the fuel out of the tank for storage some say yse and some say no I never removed fuel from mine and they have always been just fine. But then again they are so much fun are you sure you are going to be able to just let it sit a whole winter?
2. Is there a special break in procedure for the 1/5 scale gassers like there is for nitros?Â* Yes there is a break in but its way better then nitros. Now if you goole thiis question you will get many different answeres buat I have always just follwed this procedure with no problems.Â*
New engine break-in procedure
1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks
2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down
3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927
4. Let your engine warm up before driving
5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking.
5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!
7. Do not use octane booster
What air filter oil should be used and where can it be found? You can use the same air filter oil that you would use in nitro and you can get it at your local hobby shop ebay or whereever.
But do make sure you get a good 2 stroke oil to mix with your gas you want a racing good synthetic oilÂ* I would like to suggest you satrt with the Dunerunner instead of the XB its a much better out of the box and new to 1/5 scale you can learn the hobby learn the car and have more fun with less problem then with the XB you will be upgrading a little sooner then you would want with the tire foams, the bearings, bearing holder, chubs and a few others.