Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Want a redcat crawler where?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a redcat crawler where?

Hi there, Hope I'm posting in the right area... I have been looking at trying to get a redcat 1/10 rockslide.. Are these still available, and if so where is the best place i can order one? and how is the support for this brand?

thanks in advance greatly
Joe
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Want a redcat crawler where?

ORIGINAL: jleblanc

Hi there, Hope I'm posting in the right area... I have been looking at trying to get a redcat 1/10 rockslide.. Are these still available, and if so where is the best place i can order one? and how is the support for this brand?

thanks in advance greatly
Joe
here's one on Ebay

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=01070655647

There's also many other listings from other Sellers. I've used this seller before and haven't had any issues so I thought I'd just pass it along. The customer support is good from Redcat. Any warranty claims can be filled out on their website and usually by the next business day they will respond and advise you what they are doing about it.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any dealer can get you one, myself included.

Wheels/tires/shocks/servos and bodies from other companies can all work on the rs10.

there are over 400 redcat dealers. Plenty sell on ebay (models and parts) and a few have their own websites.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
jleblanc

Awesome! thank you for the responses guys.....Are they decent crawlers? I def don't see myself doing comps or anything, More like going in the woods to a sandpit with my girl and my other rc's buggy and stadium truck....but think a crawler in the rockpits would be a blast too...and the redcat seems like a really decent truck for the money...

Joe
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Awesome! thank you for the responses guys.....Are they decent crawlers? I def don't see myself doing comps or anything, More like going in the woods to a sandpit with my girl and my other rc's buggy and stadium truck....but think a crawler in the rockpits would be a blast too...and the redcat seems like a really decent truck for the money...

Joe
upgrading the servo's is a good idea. So is cutting the stock tire foams to make the tires softer. With simple mods like that the rs10 can go places $400 rigs go.
Ive had 2. The 4 wheel steer can get this truck over stuff that would leave many truck stuck.

aftermarket tires can go along way, but just modding the stock foams and adding some stick on weights to the front works well.

My rs10 was my 1st rock crawler. I didnt wanna drop $400 on a "slow" truck cause I wasnt sure crawling would be fun.

today I have a axial scx10 with $4-500 into it. Its not any more capable than my rs10 was, just looks cooler.

my sig pic is my old rs10 with VW baja body!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
jleblanc

Thanks for the responses guys!  I think i'm pretty much sold on one of these, unless this guy ends up selling me his axial ax10.... Another question though, will my Spektrum dx3s transmitter work for this crawler
Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Thanks for the responses guys! I think i'm pretty much sold on one of these, unless this guy ends up selling me his axial ax10.... Another question though, will my Spektrum dx3s transmitter work for this crawler
Yes and no.
I highly doubt you will be able to bind the spektrum to the stock reciever.
If you use a spektrum reciever as well, then you will will be able to drive and steer the front.
The 4 wheel steering setup however, is done totally by the remote.
The spektrum dx3s has 3ch and I know the 3rd channel can be programed to work a few different ways. I think you can program it to work as a rear steer button, giving you straight/left/right but not proportional.
The stock radio gives you porportional control over the rear steer...whether used as rear only or tied in with the front steering.
The stock radio is the gem of the rs10. The radio/rx alone I have sold several in my store for about half the cost of the whole truck!

I remember back in the day, when to have rear steering I had to take a traxxas tq3 AM radio, open it up, solder a radio shack 3 position swtich...just to have non proportional rear steering on my modded wheely king! Radios have come a very long way since then.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
jleblanc

Thank you again sir!....And would I be able to get one of these from you? and If so how much can I get a RTR from you for?

thanks
          Joe
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
jleblanc

alrighty I decided for now to get a slightly used axial ax10 for now.. Spending the same price on it, but it has some good mods already too it. but still thinking about picking one of these up for my girl cause I really like the 4 wheel steer option... Hope I made a good choice getting the other one,.

thanks guys
                Joe
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

alrighty I decided for now to get a slightly used axial ax10 for now.. Spending the same price on it, but it has some good mods already too it. but still thinking about picking one of these up for my girl cause I really like the 4 wheel steer option... Hope I made a good choice getting the other one,.

thanks guys
Joe
the ax10 has more modding options (motor/esc/gearing/radio) due to its more common center trans/1 motor setup.
Both trucks can be very capable. Each can be setup many different ways, but the ax10 is a bit more versitle since you can gear it to go faster (5-15mph) which is good for snow/mud or wet rock.
The rs10 has 2 motors, 2 gear boxes. It can be geared up, but not as much as the ax10. The other option for more speed/power is to upgrade the ESC to a ouctry dual motor ESC (which I did) that allowed use of a 3 or 4s lipo battery. More voltage meant more power/speed.

As far as tires/shocks/bodies, both trucks have the same potential there.

Both are fun, and if you got a RTR ax10 for $150ish you did good. Most used ones still go fore $180-$250 or more depending on the upgrades.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM
GUAIO
My Feedback: (16)

my RS10 lasted 10 min and the stock servo fried and killed my ESC, I replaced both servos with Hitecs 645MG and the ESC with a Novak Rooster, works great now