Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Carb won't turn easily

Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
dakotanut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb won't turn easily

Hello. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I have been real busy with life and work and not working and not living. LOL. Anyways, I'm trying to get my Redcat Racing Nitro truck running again. The carb will not turn. I took it apart and it all looks clean inside and on the piece that goes inside the carb. Not sure what to do. I need a new body also. Something lower so I can start it without having to remove the body and put it back on every time. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Carb won't turn easily

ORIGINAL: dakotanut

Hello. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I have been real busy with life and work and not working and not living. LOL. Anyways, I'm trying to get my Redcat Racing Nitro truck running again. The carb will not turn. I took it apart and it all looks clean inside and on the piece that goes inside the carb. Not sure what to do. I need a new body also. Something lower so I can start it without having to remove the body and put it back on every time. Thanks for any and all help.
is the idle set screw not seated in the slot on the carb slide? If its not in that slot then it pinches the part of the carb that should rotate.

Which truck to you have?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 PM
dakotanut

Volcano SV. It's in the groove correctly. I took the carb apart and put a little after run oil on the 2 surfaces. Put it back together and seems to be ok. It's been so long I forgot how to set everything. Got it close I think. The tank looks nasty on the bottom. Like the nitro got hard or something? I don't know? Also noticed that it won't start now. I checked the glow plug and it glows.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 PM
bleufox6

Hello, I am new to the Nitro RC world. I purchased a RTR EVO 3+ road car. The carb is not in a fixed postion. It slightly rotates in the connection to the engine which doesnt seem normal. Should it not sit in a single fixed postion?
Help?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bleufox6

Hello, I am new to the Nitro RC world. I purchased a RTR EVO 3+ road car. The carb is not in a fixed postion. It slightly rotates in the connection to the engine which doesnt seem normal. Should it not sit in a single fixed postion?
Help?
It should definitely be fixed. It's just the bolt pin on it probably loose. I tried attaching a pic but RCU having upload problems now. Just google your engine's exploded view...to see what I'm referencing. It's a bolt that is on the neck of the carb, which fixes it to the engine.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 AM
bleufox6

Will do John. Thanks for the explanation. If you could also help answer this question, My steering servo will not respond to inputs on the radio. The throttle servo is working just fine. I I checked and recheceked connections as well as pulled the servo out and but I still have no response? The HPIservo is brand new. Maybe defective? Thanks in advance for your time John.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try pluging it in to the plug on the reciever that the throttle servo is plugged into when you pull the throttle it should work, if it doesnt its probably a bum servo. Also make sure that the connecter on the servo will work with your reciever.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 PM
bleufox6

I ended up changing out the servo with a self correcting digital.  No problems after the switch.  The Carb is secure now but the freaking motor wont crank.  It is solidly stuck in place.  One thing after another.  I had high hopes for the RTR by HPI...starting to think differently.  I went to the manual but found no answer except to pull the motor and break it down entirely in order to diagnose the issue.  Thanks for everyones replies. It is really helpful.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the glow-plug out and see if you can turn it over. If you can turn the car upside down and pull and pull on the cord. Essentially it sounds like the engine is hyrdo-locked due to being flooded. This will fix it. Either that or you broke your connecting rod (but that is very rare and does not 'just happen').
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
dakotanut

Can anyone say hijack?