Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

in need of new shocks

Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM
seanh221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in need of new shocks

Hey guys I have volcano epx and looking for heavy duty shocks dose any one know where I could find some. The ones on the rig right now are 4 1/2 inchs tall thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 AM
Johnathond22

Default RE: in need of new shocks

Sean,
Not sure if you are looking for shocks because yours are bent or if they just dont perform. I have the volcano epx pro and it came with aluminum screw adjustable shocks. Even after adding 70 wt oil they really didn't dampen the jumps or perform that great. I purchased two sets of Losi shock piston tips for about 8 dollars and they can be easily sanded a little to fit firmly in the Redcat shock as they are alo plastic. I used the white ones and drilled a single hole to 1/16 size and left the rest stock. I now use 60 wt oil and the shocks work great. Performance is by far better. The stock plastic piston tips in the redcat aluminum shock have really large cutouts and dont fit tight enough to allow slow oil movement. See attached photo of disassembled shock. I circled the plastic piston piece which can be easily replaced. If you would like to see replaced piston I can disassemble one and repost.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46019.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1854277  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM
seanh221

i am building a salter to fit on in the bed of the truck and when i but a alot of weight on the back end it goes to the ground i do not want it to sink so i am looking for 5 inch to 6 inch shocks if i can find them.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Johnathond22

Salter? Like a broadcaster to throw salt on a drive way? Just a suggestion, If it is more weight you are looking to handle, run to your local hardware store and get a much stronger spring and cut to fit.