Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

No Fire after installing Power Start

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

No Fire after installing Power Start

Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM
ArtAttackguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Fire after installing Power Start

I have recently bought a Redcat Racing Earthquake ( Nitro )
I started my first tank of idling, got half the tank done then it quit, and so did my glow plug igniter...
That night i decided to take off the pull start and install the power starter i had bought ( redcat's power Starter ).
After I installed the power Starter, everything charged up and ready to go,,, Icould not get even a *bark * outta that engine.
I have tried everything, the motor won't fire, any help would be greatly appreciated,,, thanks !!
Iwas wondering if there is something to do with the backing plate, as far as compression go's for the motor or something ???
I also am not able to just crank down the 4 screws holding the backing plate ( power starter ) because the whole assembly binds and won't turn. So I have to back off on the four screws till it turns freely again

Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
johnbwest

Default RE: No Fire after installing Power Start

Hello Welcome to my club haha I have had almost the same issue with a Redcat Caldera 3.0 with the SH18 engine. Bought mine in November and still have had no playtime. Before the first tank was complete, broke the pullstart. Got a Redcat electric start off Ebay and installed the backing plate. Mine came with two and had to contact Redcat to determine which was proper one to use.If you had that choice, might want to confirm whether correct backing plate was used. The starter never would charge correctly for me and have now resulted to using a cordless drill to spin motor. Did get two tanks to run but mine would never start for the third tank. About ready to purchase new motor. Good luck
Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

glow plugs normally last many tanks, but this is not always the case during break-in.

If no "bark" the glow plug could be dead. Or you glow plug warmer isnt charged.

Or the engine got flooded.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
ArtAttackguy

Thank you for the help

Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 AM
ArtAttackguy

Thank you

Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 AM
ArtAttackguy

Everything is fine now, I had the HSN needle set the wrong way, two turns in is Totally incorrect ! That blocked off fuel all together
Purring like a kitten now ! ( One full turn out ) ( Rich ) for break in ...
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 AM
ArtAttackguy

I would definately get a new battery for your Power Starter, charge that one up good. Make sure your needle setting is no more then 1 Full turn out ( 360 degrees from factory ) Factory = Top of Screw flush with housing , then turn NO more then one full turn counter-clockwise ( Rich ) . I hope that helps a little,, it really made my life a whole lot easier !! lol