Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

S30 Tornado factory carb settings

Hey All,
    Well Iam new to this board. Iwas happy to see they have a whole Redcat section. Ihave a Redcat S30 Tornado. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the factory settings on the carb. I watched a video they did and they mentioned the the HSN is 3 turns (1.5 full turns) from its flat spot with the carb body. They said the LSNshould be about 1 turn (1/2 full turn) from its flat spot from the carb armature. Does anyone find these right?

I'm in more question about my LSN setting cause this is only a 1/2 turn out. It seems awfully lean. Reason why Iam asking is because it seems like Iam having a hard time priming fuel to the carb. Ihave checked everything. Ihave no air leaks, good pressure coming from the exhaust. When Iblow into the line it is like blowing into a straw with a cork on the end, the fuel won't push through. When Iopen the carb though then Iget good fuel flow. Would the LSN being to lean have anything todo with this? Also it is REALLY cold here so it is tough to test....I'm wondering if warming the head with a hair dryier is a good trick?

Thanks,
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: S30 Tornado factory carb settings

Yes if the LSN is too lean it could be affecting your ability to prime. Don't get too caught up in how many turns your needles are at. If you suspect your tuning is off, just run both needles back out like where they were when you were breaking it in. The HSN should be about even or just beyond the sleave it's in. Same goes for the LSN. This will usually get the engine to at least fire up very rich. It may not want to stay running, but you can start leaning the HSN in 1/8 or 1 hour increments until it will idle. Now you can run it and lean your HSN so it runs strong. Once it seems to be running good at high speed you can check the LSN. At idle, pinch the fuel line. If it takes longer than 3 seconds to stall its too rich, turn in on the LSN. If it stalls in less than 3 seconds, it's too lean, back it out.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks!!   I must say this little buggy moves!!  I can't wait till the weather gets warmer up here though, so I can start using it again.  I really didn't like the video Redcat put out about setting the carb back to factory settings.....It just doesn't seem right.  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ChrisAunchman

Β* Thanks!!Β*Β* I must say this little buggy moves!!Β* I can't wait till theΒ*weather gets warmer up here though, so I can start using it again.Β* I really didn't like the video RedcatΒ*put out about setting the carb back to factory settings.....It just doesn't seem right. Β*
    Well the cold will certainly affect your tuning. Remember, the colder it gets the leaner your tuning is. Personally I find running nitro engines below 50 degrees is just not with it. You can compensate through tuning, but they just don't run like they were intended.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL that is why I put my Jeep and '65 C-10 away for the winter lol....that and other reasons.....