Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Avalanche XTE?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Microz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Avalanche XTE?

Hey guys. So I'm in the market for a monster truck, and was looking into the HPI Savage Flux HP, but that was a little expensive for now, and then I looked at the savage flux xs. The XS is a little smaller than I would like, but I'm still considering it. But then I searched some more, and found the Redcat Avalanche XTE, and the price on that thing is AMAZING!!!! So for anyone out there that does have this truck, how do you like it? Is it durable? Can it take most of the things you throw at it? How does it do around a track? I know monster trucks aren't built for tracks, but I would still like to know if possible.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Avalanche XTE?

try looking up youtube vids. I know there are many of the XTE.
Ive had a 8e, which has a simillar size, esc and both run on 4s. The power is brutal!
The XTE has a more standard 1/8 scale layout than the 8e does. Should be more durable.
Figure on upgrading the steering servo. It does the job, but those are big tires and a stronger servo is worth the money.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 AM
Microz

Okay thank you! Is there a servo you would recommend for a car this size? I don't have knowledge of anything beyond 1/10 scale.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
GregoryB76

Don't buy anything redcat the part support is not there just got one 3weeks ago and it's junk ...JUNK.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GregoryB76

Don't buy anything redcat the part support is not there just got one 3weeks ago and it's junk ...JUNK.
What does this mean? I get parts whenever I need them. My local hobby shop is a Traxxas dealer but also sells a few Hpi models. They stock almost no Hpi parts. Does this mean Hpi parts support is not there from Hpi, or it's just not at my local hobby shop?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Eshore

Even if the local hobby shop don't have the parts, I can find them all day long online for Redcat, Traxxas, & HPI. I might have to wait for a few days but I get my parts just like the major brands.Now don't get me wrong, Traxxas them may have alot more, but I can still get majority of the parts I need for my Redcat (Caldera) if needed.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
ehroof

bro, these are from from junk, one of the strongest 1/8 electric rc's out there....
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

just because your model broke a part, you didnt know how to fix it or how to go online and buy the part doesnt mean the product is junk or that the company doesnt support it. mail you "junk" redcat to me an Ill have it up and running in 15 minutes[8D]

There are too many who are brand new to the hobby who buy a redcat, and when it breaks or gives them an issue blame the brand. If you are not willing to work on a RC, then you shouldnt buy one. There is not an RC made that can not break. If one comes out, we will let you know.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM
GregoryB76

I have call redcat and e mail them and can't get no support.where's all the aftermarket parts at.o it hsp right slap redcat on it And company has a F at BBB so I guess there badass stock junk parts are still junk I can get them .ps have fix it .don't you sell them nitro sport .im a Chevy man but if I sold fords guess one I talk up lol this is my 2 sorry if I piss u off .
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
ebmanley

I have a RedCat Earthquake. I am having issues with my truck starting and staying running. I have tried everything. From changing the settings to making sure the glow plug is working and charged. I am not sure what the issue is. Can somebody help me? It ran the first day when I broke it in. Took it out today to use it and it wouldn't start.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 AM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: ebmanley

I have a RedCat Earthquake. I am having issues with my truck starting and staying running. I have tried everything. From changing the settings to making sure the glow plug is working and charged. I am not sure what the issue is. Can somebody help me? It ran the first day when I broke it in. Took it out today to use it and it wouldn't start.
How many break in tanks have you run?

Did they all run without issue?

Have you adjusted the needles yet?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 AM
Microz

Whoa. This thread became quite heated fast.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 AM
GregoryB76

ORIGINAL: Microz

Whoa. This thread became quite heated fast.
. Yes it has I was just giving my 2cents on redcat lol but I don't sell them lol
Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Eshore

Hey y'all we all got some good folks here, just a difference in opinion of what we like, but to be foreal, All these cars break, and I own more Traxxas vehicles then any other brand, and have broke our Rustler on a simple turn before. But I will say its hard to beat the price that Redcat sells their brushless products for compared to most major brands. Now when it comes to tech support I wouldn't know, because I have yet to use them. And I have broken my Redcat before, and I run it almost everyday on the small track I have in the back which caused the screw to come out of the Arm of the front wheel, but I got another and replaced it. I bashed my Stampede on the same track and broke the Camber link/turnbuckle. But when it comes down to it, they all break and we all have opinions on what we like, and thats cool.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

I have call redcat and e mail them and can't get no support.where's all the aftermarket parts at.o it hsp right slap redcat on it And company has a F at BBB so I guess there badass stock junk parts are still junk I can get them .ps have fix it .don't you sell them nitro sport .im a Chevy man but if I sold fords guess one I talk up lol this is my 2 sorry if I piss u off .
actually just stopped selling them, as Ebay makes it impossible to make any money.
But I support the brand because I own them, run them, and have never had any issues with redcat's customer support or parts support.
I have a mirage right now. Looks like an axial exo, but costs $100 less and comes with a 3s lipo.
It does 45mph on the stock lipo (GPS)
The stock system can handle 4s lipo. My buddy just tested and got 59mph on a 4s, 5000mah lipo.

A $300 RTR, shipped truck with a lipo that is that fast so far has proven to be durable (search RCProDriver vids on youtube) is a heck of a deal and a good model.
I have owned/ran all the epx pro models, a couple of the epx ones, a caldera 10e, a earthquake and backdraft 8e, a backdraft and aftershock 3.5.....
In other words, I have never just sold redcats....I use them.
I have owned most every other brand of rc. While I cant say that redcat is better than any of them, it is on par with most of them. Especially when you take into account the price difference.
I have owned a redcat S30 nitro. And I have owned a traxxas nitro sport se.
The traxxas is 2wd, has a smaller motor and is no stronger than the 4wd S30. But the traxxas costs $150 more!

what redcat model have you owned. If you want to share your specific experience with a specific redcat model (even if it was bad) thats fine. But this post was in regards to the avalanche XTE. If you havent owned one, then saying Redcats are junk is just silly.

Its not that you pissed me off, but you post a very negetive comment about redcats in a "redcat support forum"
This is a forum where redcat owners help each other. Saying "redcat is junk" is not helpful.
Feel free to post such comments in other forums. Forums are partly to express opinions.
But go on a chevy forum and say "chevy sucks, ford rocks" and dont be surprized when others trash you.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Microz

Yeah the thing I like most about redcat is the price point. I used to have one before I got out of RC cars 2 years ago, and now that I'm back in, I'm probably going to get the Avalanche XTE to start off with redcats again.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: Microz

Yeah the thing I like most about redcat is the price point. I used to have one before I got out of RC cars 2 years ago, and now that I'm back in, I'm probably going to get the Avalanche XTE to start off with redcats again.
You shouldn't be disappointed. You'll be hard pressed to find anything on the market that will compare for no less than $200 more. I've read the posts and disagree that Redcat does not support their product. I've only made two warranty claims, but both times parts were shipped out within 1 business day no questions asked. Most of the Redcat line has upgrade parts available right on their parts page, couldn't be simpler really. I've also emailed Redcat about some modding questions and they answered everything I needed to know. I don'know what else you are supposed to expect from a company.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:28 PM
GregoryB76

I've done three warr. Claims and no one has e mail me back  or call.so that's why I'm piss at redcat call them two times put on hold 1 time and after 30 min. No one came back so .call back next day put on hold again 40 more min. And no one .truck is now 4 weeks old.just had bad luck with this brand .i have a few rc 2 T maxxs and 2rs4 one with os 18 , and  other with a picco 28 on it .ofna buggy ,jato,4tec,with os 21 and the redcat so I'm not new to this . Redcat has not help me one bit with this truck . Sorry for vent on this thread lol
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

based on your experience, I can understand your frustration and dislike for the brand.
Ive never had any issue getting someone on the phone. where do you live, and at what time do you call? Maybe its just a busy time for them...and when I call its not usually. I call between 5-6pm....which I think it 3-4pm for them.
I also use this email address: [email protected]
You can also try [email protected].

what specifically was the issue with your model?

It is OK to vent. I am sorry I jumped on you before. If you have tried 3 times to get a warrenty claim and never had a reply I can understand why you are upset. Even tho I am not a dealer anymore, Id like to help you get your model up and running again.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 PM
GregoryB76

It's up and running no thanks to redcat lol il stick to ofna,s and hpi and traxxas no more redcat for me you get what you pay for in RC
Old 06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
rex37777777

Hello, im in the market for a new rc. I'm selling my traxxas summit because every time i take it out the same diff gear stripps. So im looking at the redcat racing earthquake 8e or the Avalanche XTE. I would replace the ESC with a castle creations mamba monster 2, the motor with a castle 2650 KV brushless (which i already have), and the steering servo with a savox waterproof metal gear. So i'm basically just looking for sheer durability.
Thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 06:43 PM
tooth-less

Terremoto 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1rnKd9jpA
Old 06-30-2014, 07:07 PM
rex37777777

Originally Posted by tooth-less
where would i get a body like that? it almost looks like a summit body
Old 06-30-2014, 07:14 PM
tooth-less

Originally Posted by rex37777777
where would i get a body like that? it almost looks like a summit body
Any body for the E-Revo, Revo 3.3 or Tmaxx will fit
Old 06-30-2014, 07:22 PM
rex37777777

cool. do you have a Terremoto?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.