Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Vortex SS Desert Truck 4X4

Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 AM
marcus742

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex SS Desert Truck 4X4

Does anyone know what the stock needle settings are for a 3.0cc SH-18 engine in my Vortex SS. I inherited this vehicle and dont know if the needles were moved by the previous owner. I have performed the break in proplerly as it was new when i received it. Problem now is what i thought was the proper tuning seems very off. Iwould like to set it back to factory and start over but i dont know what the factory settings are and the manual does not explain well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Vortex SS Desert Truck 4X4

ORIGINAL: marcus742

Does anyone know what the stock needle settings are for a 3.0cc SH-18 engine in my Vortex SS. I inherited this vehicle and dont know if the needles were moved by the previous owner. I have performed the break in proplerly as it was new when i received it. Problem now is what i thought was the proper tuning seems very off. I would like to set it back to factory and start over but i dont know what the factory settings are and the manual does not explain well.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you have it running, dont go crazy. 1/8 turns on either high or low speed needles can make a big change. Setting it to stock (which is super rich) now might even keep it from starting.

what is the model doing (or not doing) ?
It may need a small adjustment to get it moving good.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:23 PM
chuchomorey

hi , can somebody please help me? a car ran over my son's vortexx ss and broke the high speed needle valve, does anybody know the part number for this or where i can get it from? thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM
squirlyproductions

Turn, HSN and LSN counter clockwise until they meet flush with thier outer housing. Then one revolution turn clockwise in. Then you can start your 1/4 to 1/8 turns in or out to get a good idle. I have a sample on my youTube page with a Aftershock 3.5. I got a great running and Idle response from these settings. good luck

Sincerely

Ronald D Graciano
President, Squirly Productions / Redcat Racing

Cell : 858-775-7990
Fax : 760-295-0655
Web : www.squirlyproductions.us
www.redcatracing.com