Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

rampage xsc

Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM
mugwart
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rampage xsc

what happend to 5 scale short course truck did they pull it off the market and if so does anyone know why they did it
Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rampage xsc

Yea they did stop selling it and there are going to sale a 1/5 scale sand rail coming soon!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

Yea they did stop selling it and there are going to sale a 1/5 scale sand rail coming soon!!!
yeh, the shredder line got dumped.
not sure if there were driveline issues, or if they just did not sell good enough.

rchobbyunlimited, where/when did you find info on a 1/5 sandrail? Thats news to me!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
rchobbyunlimited

From talking to dave he is the new marketing manager at redcat he gave me some info on it. It is talked about alot on the rampage forum supposed to be released late fall trying for the holiday season.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Dan sloan from redcat was interviewed by the driver stand and he also talks about the new 1/5 scale sand rail.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool, the interview was interesting.
I like how dan says they dont try to compete with traxxas, HPI, Losi, ect.
Yet haters always wanna compare a redcat model to those brands...even tho the price point is always different.
Ive had people say the volcano isnt a tough truck, get a stampede 4x4. Granted, they are both RTR, 4wd and brushless, but the volcano is $200 and the pede is $400.
And Ive had a pede, not really much tougher than a volcano. the pede's riveshafts snap, spur gear mount bearings can blow, rocks get in by the center shaft and chew it up, tires wear out, body cracks and front hubs break. Its a good truck, dont get me wrong. But I have almost as much fun and no more breakage with a volcano epx pro that costs half as much.

Ive seen some pics of a supposed 1/5 sandrail which no one seems to know who is making it. The light bar looks exactly like the Mirage's.

Im liking my mirage so far. Suspsension pin mounts are the only weak point thus far. 45mph on the stock lipo and 59mph on a 4s is impressive for the price. It looks great as well.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
mugwart
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nitro i do agree i love my volcano s 30 i bashed the heck out of and all i broke was a turn buckle and the front bumper so as for durability it held up to what i thru at it and i will and would have to compare it to traxxas hpi and losi and a few others its to bad they discountinued the xsc but im am looking forward to see the chimera sandrail the thing looks sick