Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat avalanche xte

Just got this avalanche xte,have not really had a chance to really drive it yet.What i have noticed is at very slow speed,im talkn creep'n,just barley moving.it sound like a lot of clink'n and slip'n,like it not engaging,almost like if you loossen up a slipper way to far,but as soon as you go half throttle or more it smooth out.It des not seem right to me.Gear mesh looks good,but i do feel a little resistance when you try to roll it .Just wondering if there is a adjustment or something i can do.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat avalanche xte

ORIGINAL: Capn kanuckles

Just got this avalanche xte,have not really had a chance to really drive it yet.What i have noticed is at very slow speed,im talkn creep'n,just barley moving.it sound like a lot of clink'n and slip'n,like it not engaging,almost like if you loossen up a slipper way to far,but as soon as you go half throttle or more it smooth out.It des not seem right to me.Gear mesh looks good,but i do feel a little resistance when you try to roll it .Just wondering if there is a adjustment or something i can do.
    there will be a tad resistance when moving if it has a 4 pole motor (not sure if it does or not)
    if its just bearly moving (like 2-3% throttle) then that is "cogging" and all sensorless motors do this. google brushless cogging for more info.
    other than that, the gear mesh should be the only thing that would cause drag. sence it has a center diff, the rear or front diff alone shouldnt be able to cause drag.

pics please!
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Nitro,yeah cogging it could very well  be,the mesh looks good but i have no idea how to adjust the mesh,do you.i dont see any way to do it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Capn kanuckles

Thanks Nitro,yeah cogging it could very wellย*ย*be,the mesh looks good but i have no idea how to adjust the mesh,do you.i dont see any way to do it.
    post pics
    I looked up the manual and saw the motor mount, Cant tell tho if its seperate from the diff mount or not. If it is, then you just move the whole motor mount. the screws holding the motor mount would have adjustable slots on the underside of the chassis.

other than that, I couldnt see a way to adjust the gear mesh by looking at the manual's pics.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,