Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earthquake motor heatsink and fan

So I ordered an earthquake 8e. I saw one post somewhere with a guy saying that his earthquake came with a heat sink/fan. I do not know if this was accurate. Do any of them actually come with the motor heat sink/fan? I am wondering if I should order one now while I am waiting for my truck to arrive or if I should wait until it arirves.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Earthquake motor heatsink and fan

ORIGINAL: john2364

So I ordered an earthquake 8e. I saw one post somewhere with a guy saying that his earthquake came with a heat sink/fan. I do not know if this was accurate. Do any of them actually come with the motor heat sink/fan? I am wondering if I should order one now while I am waiting for my truck to arrive or if I should wait until it arirves.
    motor doesnt have heat sink or fan (at least not shown on the pics on their site)
    heat sink # BS803-029
    motor fan # BS803-030
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Nitro. I think that you are slowly becoming my personal redcat advisor .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

will any 550 can size heatsink/fan fit? I have some amazon credit that I am not using but the official redcat heatsink and fan are not listed there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wanted to provide an update. My earthquake came today. The motor actually did come with the heatsink/fan. I also checked out the differentials and they were pre shimmed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: john2364

I wanted to provide an update. My earthquake came today. The motor actually did come with the heatsink/fan. I also checked out the differentials and they were pre shimmed.
    sweet.
    seems redcat must have updated the 8e since I bought mine!
    dont forget to get a hobbywing program card. the 8e handles much better with the brakes turned down some and the punch control a bit higher. also lessons strain on the driveline.

i think i have owned 85% of the redcat electric models at this point. havent had a XTE or the new belt driven cars...or the 1/5 XBE. but pretty much had everything else thats electric from them.

hoping I win the naming contest so I can get the belt driven brushless pagani
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So far, this truck is great. It handles WAY better and is faster than my savage. Pretty durable as well. I have taken some heavy hits with out any broken parts. Both the motor and ESC are stay quite cool as well. I doubt it is as durable as the savage but its still pretty good. I cant believe that it was only $300.