Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake motor heatsink and fan

Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM
john2364

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earthquake motor heatsink and fan

So I ordered an earthquake 8e. I saw one post somewhere with a guy saying that his earthquake came with a heat sink/fan. I do not know if this was accurate. Do any of them actually come with the motor heat sink/fan? I am wondering if I should order one now while I am waiting for my truck to arrive or if I should wait until it arirves.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake motor heatsink and fan

ORIGINAL: john2364

So I ordered an earthquake 8e. I saw one post somewhere with a guy saying that his earthquake came with a heat sink/fan. I do not know if this was accurate. Do any of them actually come with the motor heat sink/fan? I am wondering if I should order one now while I am waiting for my truck to arrive or if I should wait until it arirves.
motor doesnt have heat sink or fan (at least not shown on the pics on their site)
heat sink # BS803-029
motor fan # BS803-030
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 AM
john2364

Thanks Nitro. I think that you are slowly becoming my personal redcat advisor .
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
john2364

will any 550 can size heatsink/fan fit? I have some amazon credit that I am not using but the official redcat heatsink and fan are not listed there.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
john2364

I wanted to provide an update. My earthquake came today. The motor actually did come with the heatsink/fan. I also checked out the differentials and they were pre shimmed.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: john2364

I wanted to provide an update. My earthquake came today. The motor actually did come with the heatsink/fan. I also checked out the differentials and they were pre shimmed.
sweet.
seems redcat must have updated the 8e since I bought mine!
dont forget to get a hobbywing program card. the 8e handles much better with the brakes turned down some and the punch control a bit higher. also lessons strain on the driveline.

i think i have owned 85% of the redcat electric models at this point. havent had a XTE or the new belt driven cars...or the 1/5 XBE. but pretty much had everything else thats electric from them.

hoping I win the naming contest so I can get the belt driven brushless pagani
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM
john2364

So far, this truck is great. It handles WAY better and is faster than my savage. Pretty durable as well. I have taken some heavy hits with out any broken parts. Both the motor and ESC are stay quite cool as well. I doubt it is as durable as the savage but its still pretty good. I cant believe that it was only $300.