Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

any redcats Roar Legal

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM
john2364

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any redcats Roar Legal

Sorry to keep bombing the forum but I keep thinking of additional questions. Are any redcats ROAR legal. Espicially the aftershock or backdraft?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: any redcats Roar Legal

ORIGINAL: john2364

Sorry to keep bombing the forum but I keep thinking of additional questions. Are any redcats ROAR legal. Espicially the aftershock or backdraft?
dont know where to find the ROAR rules, but it is possible that the afterhsock and backdraft may fit in 1/8 electric classes. I think the wheel base works and I know the wheel size should be good as they are pretty standard 1/8 size wheels.
The monsoon and hurricane fit into 1/8 nitro classes.
The only other models that will fit into race classes are the twister 2wd models.
The caldera SCT is not a standard SCT lenght, so it wont work.
not many race 4x4 1/10 mt's.
the lightning may fit in onroad classes...tho my local hobby shop runs a TT-01 only class.

I have wished Redcat would do a 2wd SCT truck that is standard size. would be fun to race a redcat at the hobby shop.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
PetRock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
I have wished Redcat would do a 2wd SCT truck that is standard size. would be fun to race a redcat at the hobby shop.
It's funny you mention that: 1/8th buggy and 1/10th SCT have the same wheelbase... so the Aftershock could have almost been 1/10th. But the chassis with the length they needed was designed to fit two 2S lipos, not one. So they shipped the Aftershock as a 1/8th... then slapped the Aftershock too-big-for-regular-SCtires on the Caldera buggy platform (which was made for the single battery) and made their SC body mold shorter to fit. TaDa! Caldera SC!

I think if you ran the stock two 2s lipos on the Aftershock in parallel instead of series, put on regular SC tires, and swapped in a regular 4000kv 550-can motor... you could take the Aftershock 1/10th SC racing? Maybe they would make you run a single lipo even though you were on 2s?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:15 PM
jigawatt

Please see the following page for ROAR rules: http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=10
Old 05-07-2013, 04:28 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

going threw the rules as best I could, the Redcat twister XB and backdraft 3.5 or 8e would both be roar legal.
there were no specs for 1/8 sct that i could find.
technically speaking, 1/10 sct trucks are about the size of most other 1/8 models. so its not surprising that the sc10e and aftershock are close in size.
aftershock: 504mm long-325mm wheelbase
sc10e: 410mm long-305mm wheelbase

the aftershock only just misses out on being roar legal for 1/10 4x4 sc class. it has the wheelbase. it needs to be 7mm longer (add longer bumper) and 9mm narrower (possibly different offset wheels could fix that)
the motor size might pass, but you would have to run it on just 2s lipo.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 AM
john2364

That is great. I just ordered an earthquake. I have not raced in the past but I really like the fact that I can just buy a couple of parts for the backdraft conversion to race instead of buying an entirely new car for it.