Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't figure out spur gears

Hey guys, small issue im having with my EQ 3.5, im flying through spur gears, i know my mesh is right, its tight but not to the point of restricting movement, i had not stripped a gear in it for about a year, I stripped one when a little pebble made its way nicely between the gear and the clutch bell lol and suddenly im flying through them, funny thing is, i wont see any wear and tear on the gear untill i start jumping, and i make a point not to land throttle pegged, ( i learned the disasterous results of that when i first started :P ) is it my slipper clutch? i found that the nut kept coming undone and the spur would spin but not power the tranny, so i tightned it, i guess i lost that sweet spot when i stripped the first gear
    Tornado S30, Earthquake 3.5, Hurricane XTR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Can't figure out spur gears

an overtightened slipper clutch will certainly damage spur gears.
    its also possible that the bearings the spur gear or clutch bell ride on are worn.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm never even thought of the bearings, lol alright then i guess its time to tear apart the tranny XD thank you Nitrosports

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Shady9503

hmm never even thought of the bearings, lol alright then i guess its time to tear apart the tranny XD thank you Nitrosports
    yeh, any back/forth or side to side play from worn bearings will cause your gear mesh to not be correct...even if it appeared so when you set it. the play may only be appereant when the driveline is under stress (ie, driving)

SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm in that case ive noticed when testing my servos that when i pull full throttle, my engine likes to move the slightest bit, didnt think it was an issue but i guess ill have to look into that aswell!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes if the engine is moving at all that will strip the gears your screws to the engine mount have to be locktite and screwed down tight as well as the screws on the bottom of the car in the engine mount.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/