Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sh .28 help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: sh .28 help

I found the problem lol my allen keys were grabage, they were hand me down keys from my dads auto shop, i thought they were good quality keys but i gues not, went to a hardware store and got myself some good quality screws, and the screws in the cooling head came right out now i still have the problem of the screw thats stuck in the crankshaft but im thinking im just gonna replace the crank shaft and if i ever need the old one ill find a way then to get the screw out :P
    Tornado S30, Earthquake 3.5, Hurricane XTR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Shady9503

I found the problem lol my allen keys were grabage, they were hand me down keys from my dads auto shop, i thought they were good quality keys but i gues not, went to a hardware store and got myself some good quality screws, and the screws in the cooling head came right out now i still have the problem of the screw thats stuck in the crankshaft but im thinking im just gonna replace the crank shaft and if i ever need the old one ill find a way then to get the screw out :P
    That's good news. Sorry, I thought you said you had good quality tools or I would have suggested that first. Especially hex keys, the cheap ones just round out themselves and then your hardware. You might as well attempt to remove the screw from the crank, worst case scenario is you mess it up. It's useless the way it is rright now so no big deal. You'll probably have better luck if you heat it up to loosen the lock-tite. Seriously though, it's a very small screw to attempt to remove. I can only think a reverse drill bit will work if it's even possible.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No worries I Thought the new allen keys I had purchased before were higher quality but i was mistaken as they rounded out aswell and very easily but the newest set i bought worked perfectly, I am going to attempt to remove the screw from the cank, I'll go to my local hardware store today and get an easy out and see what happens, like you said worst thing that'll happen is ill mess it up lol :P thanks for everyone's help
    Tornado S30, Earthquake 3.5, Hurricane XTR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12