Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

avalanche esc programming

Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM
lifeismuddy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avalanche esc programming

Ok I have a customer in that for some reason went in and tried changing esc settings and has it all fubarred. I went into the hobbywing site as I assumed these are a hobbywing esc and went into the settings but this esc will only let you do 5 different settings and all of the hobbywing escs have 9+ dif settings. can someone tell me what esc these are and the dif settings and procedure to change them?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: avalanche esc programming

they are hobbywing....just a lower cost version.
trying to program them via the radio is a total pain in the you know what. It is easy to get it wrong (as the owner did)
I bought the hobbywing program card. It works on the 80a and 35a hobbwying/ezrun ESC's. Well worth the $15.
Even tho that esc doesnt have the full range of features, the program card will let you easy program the settings it does have.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
86MOmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: avalanche esc programming

You can still use the HW card, but only to adjust the basic 5. If you have the card, the #s should match up.
Remember to re-calibrate the throttle of the ESC and the remote first.
MOmo