Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

clutch shoes

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Shady9503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch shoes

so the plastic clutch shoes on my sh.28 are finished, so im switching them out with alum clutch shoes, now my question is, one shoe goes on easily and when i pry it open as if it were engaging from its rested position and let go it will return to normal, but the other two wont, they will stay where they are, is this normal with new shoes do i just need to run them for them to work properly? or did i do something incorrectly?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: clutch shoes

yes you have done something wrong all of them should return back against the shaft when not engage. Have you made sure that all of the spring ends is behind the clutch nut?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Shady9503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clutch shoes

Yes but what im not sure about is which direction the flywheel nut gets screwed on, theres a side thats slightly longer than the other so i was wondering if thats the side that makes contact with the flywheel or not?