Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bent/mis-glued wheel

My Caldera 10e shipped with what is either a bent or just a misglued rear left wheel. You can clearly see when you roll the vehicle back and forth. The wheel goes back-and-forth from a negative camber position to a positive camber position. I've verified by switching the rear wheels and it is the wheel not the bolt or anything else. You can also visibly see a bulge on the inside tire, where the tire meets the rim. The wheel was bent/misglued out of the box so I've only run once and that was just a simple test run to verify that everything else was in proper working order. Redcat is replacing the wheel. My question is, is there any harm running the vehicle with the bent/misglued wheel? I realize that I won't get the best performance out of the truck, but do I risk bending or breaking something else by running with the bad wheel?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bent/mis-glued wheel

If your doing high speed runs you chance wearing your hub bearings but besides that, it should be fine for just bashing around.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

If your doing high speed runs you chance wearing your hub bearings but besides that, it should be fine for just bashing around.
    dead on.
    will wear on the suspension parts to, as it will cause vibrations threwout that side of the chassis.
    But its not like it will break anything within a few battery packs. it will take alot of use before it would add up to breakage.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds good.  I just wanted to run around the yard a couple of times this weekend.  Still waiting on a replacement charger before I can use my lipo.  If I'm lucky, I'll have everything by the end of next week enabling me to run on 4 good wheels and with a lipo pack.