Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Kristoffer_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

So I posted this over in the Engine forum, but figured I'd put it here too. Long story short I blew up my Volcano engine being a moron, and tried to do something fun with it. I can't seem to get the embedded links to work, but you can check out pictures on my [link=https://www.dropbox.com/sc/grqge1midwft821/mFAhZPJDhk]dropbox account[/link]. I took the engine apart so I had a bare block, and cut the side off with a hacksaw. Then I cut the side off the cooling head as well. I bolted the cooling head to the block so the cut edges lined up, and sanded them smooth with increasingly fine grid sandpaper and a wooden block, and finished up with a random Scotchbrite pad I had lying around. I have a walnut display stand in the works, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to finish it up.

Anyway, I hope someone gets a kick out of the pictures. I sure did making it.

Now I need to put one of my SH .28 Monsoon engines in the Volcano. I got lots of diffs, lol
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM
AmazingRCstore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volcano SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

Very cool! Nice to display and show how the engine works inside!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Volcano SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

love it....wish I had thought to do this when I had some old motors laying around months ago.