So I posted this over in the Engine forum, but figured I'd put it here too. Long story short I blew up my Volcano engine being a moron, and tried to do something fun with it. I can't seem to get the embedded links to work, but you can check out pictures on my [link=https://www.dropbox.com/sc/grqge1midwft821/mFAhZPJDhk]dropbox account[/link]. I took the engine apart so I had a bare block, and cut the side off with a hacksaw. Then I cut the side off the cooling head as well. I bolted the cooling head to the block so the cut edges lined up, and sanded them smooth with increasingly fine grid sandpaper and a wooden block, and finished up with a random Scotchbrite pad I had lying around. I have a walnut display stand in the works, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to finish it up.
Anyway, I hope someone gets a kick out of the pictures. I sure did making it.
Now I need to put one of my SH .28 Monsoon engines in the Volcano. I got lots of diffs, lol