Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Think reciever or antenna is messed up

I have a sandstorm, and when I drive it about 200meters away I loose signal. I have changed batteries on my transmitter, I have binded a second transmitter and it does the same thing. I opened it up and it looks clean and the antenna is still soldered on well. I crimped the cable a little when zipping up the other cables. It looks fine though. I know I have had it farther then that with no issues. I think I have to assume that the Reciever needs to be replaced now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    With this kind of problem you can really only test by swapping components. If you've already tried swapping radios, then really the only other possibility is either the receiver or antenna connection like you've already mentioned. Call Redcat and start a warranty claim, they cover defects in electronics. They will likely ask you to do a few troubleshooting steps and then send you what you need. I've warrantied a few items with them and they've always been helpful and have provided me quick svc.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

My son has a volcano, I'll borrow his and give it a try. Then I'll check out the warranty at Amazingrc.com(where I got it).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by csutherl View Post
    My son has a volcano, I'll borrow his and give it a try. Then I'll check out the warranty at Amazingrc.com(where I got it).
    Give Amazingrc a call, they have a very good reputation here. I'm sure they will get you straightened out.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :