Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How fast is the Rampage MT PRO ?

how fast is the redcat rampage mt pro? I see it has the tuned exhaust so was wondering if it would give it more speed than the others or does it give it more torque?

With stock gearing setup and a tuned exhaust about 34 mph. The stock gears are more geared for torque.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Agreed.
    and just so you know, nearly all RTR gassers say they have a tuned pipe. But a aftermarket tuned pipe will nearly always increase power (either at the bottom, mid or top end, depending on design)
    The MT pro is a heavy beast. I thought my KM Baja was awesome, until I drove it along side (or rather, far behind) a MT pro. when it comes to 1/5 scale, having 4wd and 4 wheel braking is a HUGE advantage. My KM might have had more top end, but the MT pro was better in every other respect.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    MT pro is a great truck but you don't really need all the aluminum parts. You can get a MT on ebay 629.00 shipped. Upgrade the servo mounts to aluminum, and the front chassis support to aluminum and that is really all you need. My truck has about 30 tanks through it has been pretty much unstoppable. A lot of people call it Chinese crap but it is easier to work on then my HPI 5t and just as reliable. swap out the throttle servo and program the Redcat radio to apply brake when signal is lost and you have a decent fail safe set-up right there.