Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

red cat super rock crawler servo saver?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

red cat super rock crawler servo saver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 AM
rhettcrawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red cat super rock crawler servo saver?

Does anyone know if there is a servo saver that will fit this truck?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rhettcrawler
Does anyone know if there is a servo saver that will fit this truck?
we don't want servo saver's on rock crawlers. that will just result in you trying to turn and the wheels not moving. I figure you are wanting to protect the stock servos....the better option is to upgrade them. A pair of tower pro MG996r servos will do the job and not hurt the wallet to much. These servos are stronger and have metal gears, so better steering and very hard to break. Stock servos can strip the gears inside them. But when rock crawling a servo saver would flex to much and give you very little steering, especially on the super crawler with it's massive tires.
you really want a metal geared servo with 180-200+ oz of torque for that baby. I put the MG996r servos on mine and felt they were much better than stock.
I also used a rc4wd Outcry duel motor ESC on mine. It can handle upto 4s lipo. I ran a 3s lipo. This added some torque but also increased the top speed by a few MPH. That is useful for wet rocks, mud, snow or any slippery surface where some higher wheel speed is needed.