Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

caldera 10e wheels

What size r the wheels on the caldera 10e i want some new tires dont no what size to get.or change them out for different wheels that fit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    2.2 size wheels with monster truck tires or 2.8 size wheels with buggy tires. Buggy sidewalls are shorter which allows a larger wheel, gives it more of a low profile look. The monster truck 2.2 tires have taller sidewall essentially giving either combination the same approximate outside diameter as far as gearing is concerned. Also, make sure the replacement wheels will not scrub inside on the front.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    2.2" MT rims didn't fit for me on the Caldera: the bottom of the A-arms where the hubs mount is too wide to fit in the rim. If you want MT rims look for anything 2.8" fits on the Stampede 4x4 (or front of the 2x4). If you have the Caldera SC then Slash or Blitz rims work (SCTE/Tekno/SC10-4wd rims would be too narrow). If you have the buggy... then I have no idea as I've never tried those rims

This was my Caldera with stock Traxxas Stampede 4wd 2.8" rims and Proline Badlands tires: the width was perfect. Stampede 2wd rear rims are narrower and worked OK on the rear of the Caldera... but rubbed on the front (which has a wider A-arm/hub).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-25-22-15-05_800x600.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	1927924

Good luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So the 2.8 stampede wheels work i got two 2.2 rears coming just to check.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Just tried the 2.2 and they were no where close my caldera 10e wheels r way bigger than those.