Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

caldera 10e wheels

Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM
triumph 67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default caldera 10e wheels

What size r the wheels on the caldera 10e i want some new tires dont no what size to get.or change them out for different wheels that fit.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Dads like rc too

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

2.2 size wheels with monster truck tires or 2.8 size wheels with buggy tires. Buggy sidewalls are shorter which allows a larger wheel, gives it more of a low profile look. The monster truck 2.2 tires have taller sidewall essentially giving either combination the same approximate outside diameter as far as gearing is concerned. Also, make sure the replacement wheels will not scrub inside on the front.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM
PetRock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

2.2" MT rims didn't fit for me on the Caldera: the bottom of the A-arms where the hubs mount is too wide to fit in the rim. If you want MT rims look for anything 2.8" fits on the Stampede 4x4 (or front of the 2x4). If you have the Caldera SC then Slash or Blitz rims work (SCTE/Tekno/SC10-4wd rims would be too narrow). If you have the buggy... then I have no idea as I've never tried those rims

This was my Caldera with stock Traxxas Stampede 4wd 2.8" rims and Proline Badlands tires: the width was perfect. Stampede 2wd rear rims are narrower and worked OK on the rear of the Caldera... but rubbed on the front (which has a wider A-arm/hub).

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM
triumph 67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So the 2.8 stampede wheels work i got two 2.2 rears coming just to check.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:16 PM
triumph 67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just tried the 2.2 and they were no where close my caldera 10e wheels r way bigger than those.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 PM
JEDGER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would put this info out there for anyone that still has any questions on the subject. There are a couple of different options. Option 1: Get a set of Earthquake 3.5 or 8E wheels. You will need to remove the stock tires but you can't buy just the rims. you will have to modify the wheel as shown in picture #1. Sand or gring the lip off off the outside of the rim so it looks like a traxxas bead on a proline rim. The wheels are a 3.2 and almost nobody makes a good 3.2 tire anymore so you will be fitting a 2.8 tire to a 3.2 rim. There are Videos on youtube to show how this is done.I would also recommend upgrading to an aluminum 12mm hub and get rid of the plastic ones.I will try and post a link of "HOW TO" video. Picture #2 is the finished wheel and it looks pretty good. Option 2: Buy a set of RPM Revolver Rims for the Stampede with 17mm hex hub and the Redcat Racing 12mm to 17mm hub adapter kit part#RCR-1005. You will have to modify these in the same manner as the Earthquake wheels. Hope this helps. Last picture is installed on Caldera. I would also recommend a heat sink for motor, the tires are a little taller than the stock ones but if you are running a LIPO it should turn them just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	2117917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	2117918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2117919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	2117920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0182.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	2117921  
Old 09-02-2015, 06:48 PM
JEDGER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is link to video for putting 2.8 tires on 3.2 rims.
https://youtu.be/TcxdDsQNtLE

Search this Thread