Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

battery and servo help.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile battery and servo help.

I got my tornado s30 about a month ago and have ran it just about every day since then. What I would like to know is.... Why my steering servo trys to turn right more than left even though I have all my trim sets for goint striaght as can be. I replaced the batterys in the car and it helped some. And my rear wheels seem to give more power than my fronts is there a way to get it even again maybe even more pull in the front?.

I ordered a 60g exi digital servo from I THINK urrchobby or something like that just in case my servo was going bad.
If anyone has suggestions on how to fix these two things that would be awesome!

Also does anyone run a battery pack? Like a 5cell pack for the car if so what kind would work best for goinng in the car to help the servos out? I have two chargers idk if they will work one is a venom 2/3cell bal. Charger for lipo it says and the other is a racers edge model # sc1500 I have these bcuz I race Xmods around as well and three of them have lipo/life.

Thanks, zack
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

try taking the servo horn off the servo...turn on the radio and battery pack and then center the steering trim on the radio. Now center the wheels as best you can and put the servo horn back on.
sometimes if you have to have the steering trim set far to one side in order for the steering to be straight...the servo will have more travel to one side than the other as it is really more to that side when you are steering straight.

you can run a 5cell nimh or a 2cell Life pack. A lipo may provide to much voltage to the esc or servos.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM
zackS30

I dont know what the servo horn is.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM
zackS30

I got my exi servo! It is awesome! Super reponsive and very quick I foresee a servo saver alum. Upgrade soon! Thanks for trying to help! Like ive said in other posts im new to this kind of rc so im gettimg the hang of it.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:45 AM
lifeismuddy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The black plastic part on top of servo your steering linkage is hooked to. You will see a servo upgrade soon as the 3kg servos these come equipped with fail rather quick. If it goes and your still in warranty contact rc they usually will replace
Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 PM
zackS30

I put the new servo in and I had to turn the trim all the way to one side. I thought I had it striaght my wife said it looked straight lol. I got it fixed though