Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Redcat Avalanche XTE Lower control arms

Hello all, Im new to the rc scene and I love it..I have a redcat avalanche XTE and i just broke the lower control arm. I was hoping someone could tell me how to take of the lower control arm off, It looks like it has a white plastic screw, How to remove that, thanks for any help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblokboi View Post
    Hello all, Im new to the rc scene and I love it..I have a redcat avalanche XTE and i just broke the lower control arm. I was hoping someone could tell me how to take of the lower control arm off, It looks like it has a white plastic screw, How to remove that, thanks for any help
    post a couple of pics if you can.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I believe the suspension arm pin is held in place by a metal pin mount....one in front and one in back of the diff housing.
    at the very least, you would have to remove the front bumper, and then unscrew the front pin mount from the diff housing (should be just 2 screws)
    I believe the white parts you see are the pin mount bushings....these allow the pins to move freely within the pin mounts. They will come out of the pin mounts once you remove the mount from the chassis.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Thanks for the info nitrosportsandrunner, you were correct and made it alot easier to repair