Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

red cat super rock crawler servo saver?

Does anyone know if there is a servo saver that will fit this truck?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rhettcrawler View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a servo saver that will fit this truck?
    we don't want servo saver's on rock crawlers. that will just result in you trying to turn and the wheels not moving. I figure you are wanting to protect the stock servos....the better option is to upgrade them. A pair of tower pro MG996r servos will do the job and not hurt the wallet to much. These servos are stronger and have metal gears, so better steering and very hard to break. Stock servos can strip the gears inside them. But when rock crawling a servo saver would flex to much and give you very little steering, especially on the super crawler with it's massive tires.
    you really want a metal geared servo with 180-200+ oz of torque for that baby. I put the MG996r servos on mine and felt they were much better than stock.
    I also used a rc4wd Outcry duel motor ESC on mine. It can handle upto 4s lipo. I ran a 3s lipo. This added some torque but also increased the top speed by a few MPH. That is useful for wet rocks, mud, snow or any slippery surface where some higher wheel speed is needed.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,