Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pagani Huayra - NO servo saver & NO slipper clutch?

Hi.

I have a new Pagani Huayra. It seems to not have a servo saver or slipper clutch.

The steering can best be described as "twitchy" even with steering dual rate turned way down on the TX.
    Can anyone recommend a servo saver the will fit on the stock servo?

It looks like Redcat relies on the ball diffs to act as a slipper clutch.

Not impressed...

Any help will be much appreciated!

John-Galt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Galt View Post
    Hi.

I have a new Pagani Huayra. It seems to not have a servo saver or slipper clutch.

The steering can best be described as "twitchy" even with steering dual rate turned way down on the TX.
    Can anyone recommend a servo saver the will fit on the stock servo?

It looks like Redcat relies on the ball diffs to act as a slipper clutch.

Not impressed...

Any help will be much appreciated!

John-Galt
    had to look threw the exploded views, but seems you are right...no slipper. guess the ball diff / belt drive combo is supposed to absorb the stress.
    I wouldn't worry to much on that, the lightning epx pro doesn't have a slipper either, and I rarely managed to strip gears on that car....even on 3s. you have to remember than the traction of even the best touring car tires can be overcome pretty easy. It is not like on a monster truck where the traction on the wheels is high and thus more stress is put on the driveline.

the twitchy steering makes me wonder. when you say twitchy, do you mean that you have to make many corrections just to go straight at speed? Or do you mean than when you try to make a turn the car spins out easy?

Did you get the brushed or brushless version?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,