Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Monsoon XTE Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Mdragonlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Monsoon XTE Aftermarket

So I just picked up a Monsoon XTE from my buddy for $200. Only thing wrong was a bad servo and one of the front shocks needed to be rebuilt. I threw in a random Traxxas servo that I had laying around in my garage and ran it. So far, despite what I've read about them, it seems like a pretty nice truggy. After the night rolled around I figured I'd start doing some research and the only thing I've been able to uncover is a complete lack of aftermarket support and a few threads with people complaining about stuff breaking. I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for", so even if stuff starts breaking I'm not gonna be too upset. What I'm curious about, however, is there any replacement parts other than stock out there?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:38 AM
ijpom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Hurricane XTR, and despite some electronic, motor and body differences, the vehicles share most parts.
Redcat support a bunch of stock and some after-market hop-ups from their website.
You can also find some online vendors selling the same stuff. Ebay has some of these vendors selling parts in continental USA (if that is where you are).
Ebay also has a variety of vehicle choppers (parting out new whole vehicles with cheap part prices), and original parts from China (usually slow shipping).
Finally, there are the HSP branded parts from which which the Redcat is rebranded and slightly re-modified. I find these parts to have the same part number, which makes life easier.
Hope you find the the vehicle is very robust and does not need a lot of repair.