Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

honest question and opinion.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:54 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb honest question and opinion.

Ive been looking into getting a dune buggy vehical.
I have been looking very hard at the Axial Exo Terra looks awesome imo, id just need a battrry i have a charger.
But i discovered the redcat mirage.
Both r capable of a 3s lipo and are brushless, the mirage is an 8th scale and the exo terra a 10th.
Its not a money issuse as both cost about 300$
I just want to know which would fair best.
Dont get me wrong i love both my redcats but ive heard many great things about axial.
If anyone has/had either/both of these, please, let me know which one is the better buy. And what the heck the wierd numbers are that is the motor like the mirage is a kv2574 i think and the axial is a 9000 something. Idk what any if that means.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 PM
zackS30

I think ill get a 3s 11.1v lipo pack for it. Maybe a 2s not REAL sure yet.
Ive ruined several lipo packs on my xmods and it was due to improper charging and use i supposed. What id like to know is i need something to let me know when the battery is to low and its time to stop bashing a low voltage meter i looked on ebay bit got so many results idk what to get.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a mirage when they 1st came out.
good:
much faster than a exo! Exo on 3s is 35mph. Mirage is 45mph. And the mirage can take 4s! that gets you 59mph.
Mirage battery tray is WAY WAY better than the exo.
Mirage costs the same, but you get a 3s lipo and basic charger.
Driveline on mirage is good...maybe one of the best drivelines redcat has. I never had a driveline issue.

bad:
Radio is kinda toyish feeling. It works just fine, but feels funny in the hand.

Now, I mentioned I had a day 1 mirage. Mine had one big flaw....the plastic that the arms and suspension pin holders were made of were brittle....with NO flex. I broke a few pin holders and 2 suspension arms. I also broke 1 plastic shock end and the rear of the roll cage broke in 1 place.
I mentioned my issues to redcat. I do not know if the current mirage's still have this issue. it was not a design flaw, but rather a issue with the material used. If they changed the plastic or how it was molded then the problem may be solved and I would buy a mirage again. It was a fun rig to drive....but mine would take a nasty crash one day and then a small jump would snap a pin holder the next. those brittle plastics would build up fractures and cause them to break at times when there was no reason for them to.
check out my vids....you will see what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUoUAsXLw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv-XD65JkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauLB0IK0xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9tEKCbxec
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM
zackS30

Wow thats really awesome! Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zackS30
Wow thats really awesome! Thanks for the advice!
at least you are in AZ, so you can get parts pretty fast!
Being in maine, most stuff takes 5-8 days to arrive

Im selling off a venom safari creeper right now, so I can buy a rs10. Gonna keep the safari's body, so I can build the rs10 into a semi-scaler. Ive missed having a rs10. that 4ws function is cool.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:43 PM
zackS30

I love my rs10 id like a bigger mah batt. and better servos. But i love it. I cut the foams and its awesome itll go over everythimg.ive made it do so for